Amboyna and Maple Burr Matched Pairs!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from philb

philb

Hi,

Amboyna and Maple Burr mathed Rollerballs and Fountains! These go with my matched pair of English Elms I posted earlier! Have to say I quite like making them in matching sets.

The amboyna is a from a new block I recently acquired, has some stunning tight figure!

Cheers PHIL

1_AmboynaBurrDouble_-_RH.jpg

1_MapleBurrDouble_-_BLK.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Both pens black Ti? Both purchased from same vendor? Bought at the same time? Reason I'm asking, I just bought a couple Blk Ti Sierra EB's to match a Christmas gift for a customer purchase, and they don't match. The Blk Ti seemed about half way to gunmetal. I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this. Probably a month or two difference in purchase date. Fortunately I had another in stock from the same purchase as the one I already had made, so I think the customer will be happy. Another lesson learned.

philb

Both pens black Ti? Both purchased from same vendor? Bought at the same time? Reason I'm asking, I just bought a couple Blk Ti Sierra EB's to match a Christmas gift for a customer purchase, and they don't match. The Blk Ti seemed about half way to gunmetal. I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this. Probably a month or two difference in purchase date. Fortunately I had another in stock from the same purchase as the one I already had made, so I think the customer will be happy. Another lesson learned.

The amboyna is Rhodium and the Maple is Black-Ti. These kits were a close match color wise, but I've recently had some Gold-Ti that the colours were mismatched in the same kit packet. Some parts had a much darker plating so had to be swapped around with other kits to get a close match. I tend to find the Gold has the most variability but have Seen it in the Black as well!

Top Bottom