All contest chairmen reply!! Prize Allocation thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
MAYBE, I am in charge of this???

Or so Bruce said that Cav said that he and Andrew thought would be a good idea!!!

Well, someone will be asked to do it, so let's get a start!!

Each contest head please post how many prizes you wish you could have, in this thread.

To get a grip on reality for this year, there are currently 35 prizes donated by vendors. Highest single value is $100 (1) and lowest value is $10 (5).

There are also about 10 prizes from members. SOME of these are VERY nice (particularly Roy's wood selection), so they should end up in Jeff's donation drawing.

Last year the donation drawing had over ten prizes (I think 14).

We have not asked the members to donate "box of blanks" yet, which is usually VERY productive.

So, that's where we stand.

Please name your contest and the number of prizes you would like and Andrew and I will see if there's any magic left in the hat.

Thanks for doing so, as QUICKLY as possible!!

Current totals:
1 very large for giving up winning pen
46 others

Trivia-------28 secondary
Freestyle----1 large--------4 secondary
Liars---- 3
Ugly ---- 4 first, 4 second
Library--- 1 first, 1sec, 1third

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I have no problem helping with this, Ed - but I'm not a good troop rallier - so we need to get the requests in so we can then sort!

I have been waiting on Curtis for Alumilite, but I haven't heard back from Curtis for a while, and I emailed Alumilite today - so if they don't get back to me within a day or so, we'll move on without them.

So yes, let's post requests here for prizes, and we'll see what we can come up with! As I said before, Jeff gets first dibs at all prizes, as his is the moneymaker. So let's get Jeff in here to pick as soon as he can! :)

Andrew

fiferb

For the trivia contest, ideally I'd like to have 28 prizes. One winner per day. Push comes to shove we can do the weekly drawing, 7 names in the hat for one winner a week which comes to 4 total.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Freestyle Contest---5 prizes would be my preference, if need be I could do with three and pick up the other two myself. I would request 1 to be significant as the winner is being asked to donate their entry to IAP to be used in a future fund raising event.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Let's get the other contest masters to chime in too!

(But just thought I'd let you know that with the two requests above, we're already over our total number of prizes that have been donated to date - but we'll address this when everyone's responded)

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I think bruce is greedy. :eek::biggrin::wink: If the "daily" prize is a couple of nice blanks it might be feasible but otherwise 28 prizes for that type contest seems a bit excessive IMHO, which means very little. :bulgy-eyes:

Scott

For the Liar's Club contest I would like three prizes, first second and third. They don't have to be anything special. Although if we were going to have access to lasered plaques, this might be a fun place to give such a thing away!

For the Ugly Pen Contest, I would like a first and second for each of the three main categories, plus a first and second for the "Comments" portion of the contest, for a total of eight prizes. Again, they don't need to be anything special. As a matter of fact, I think if we can put out a plea to the membership for donated prizes of "Ugly Wood" as prizes for the Ugly Pen Contest, we could have almost as much fun with the prize donation phase as with the contest!

I can tell you from past experience that asking the membership to donate prizes in the form of blanks or whatever is usually quite satisfying. They really come through!

One other thing we need to determine is the timing of the contests. I will be gone the middle of the month, so I need to run one contest early and one late. I'm thinking Ugly Pen early, and Liar's Club late, but I'm flexible.

Also, I would be willing to have an assistant, so if somebody wants this position, please PM me. I know that Len was advertising himself, but he may have been picked up by the Trivia Contest.

Scott.

Last edited:
Top Bottom