Al Testing Zone - Hardhats Required

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Instructions:
1. Copy and paste this entire text into the body of a new thread.
2. Paste the next line into the title block and correct the date.

16 JAN - IAP 2008 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST

3. Update contest day.
4. Update contest question.
5. Make any other desired changes.
6. Delete these instructions.
7. You should be good to go!!

Note: This is a text file. The formatting code for colors, text size etc is here but the formatting won't show up until you paste this text into an IAP thread. On occasion, I have had minor problems when accessing this file from a generic text editor like Windows Notepad so I always use MS Word for processing this file and save the file as a txt file.

Welcome to the 100th day of this year's IAP TRIVIA CONTEST</u>. You will have until 12 noon ET tomorrow to email your answer to this question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.

All correct answers "postmarked" before noon will be placed in a hat and two winners selected every day. The winners will be announced about 8 P.M. ET of the day the question closes and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!
Question for day 16.....

Question: Who was TriviaMeister during the 3rd Birthday Bash?

(Note: Good luck!!)

Email your answer to: 2008bashtrivia@penturners.org

Please show the date and name of the contest in the title block of the email i.e., 16Jan Trivia. (saves time for the TRIVIAMEISTER in processing entries.)

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.

DocStram

Trivia Contest Winners</u>

Question: An article at the Penmakers Guild shows how to correct common problems with many of the pens we make. What is the title of the article and who wrote it?

Answer: Mistakes by Rich Kleinhenz
http://www.penmakersguild.com/articles/mistakes.pdf

Note: There were 55 responses for this question.

The winners of the day 15 contest are:

Wendell

and

Pendemonium

And the prizes are:

Prize One - Pen stands donated by mrcook4570

Prize Two - Pen Blanks donated by jssmith3

*****CONGRATULATIONS*****

Note: Both winners need to go to Andrew Jordan's profile and email him with:

1. Name and date of the contest you won, in the title block of the email, please. (Example: Jan 15 Trivia)
2. Your mailing address and
3. Your prize preference. (If you both select the same prize, Andrew will flip a coin to determine who gets what.
4. Phone number.(New requirement per Andrew as FedEx requires it for packages they carry.

I would like to remind each winner that the gift you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of this forum. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize. Thanks.

Randy_

Originally posted by DocStram

I would like to remind each winner that the gift you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of this forum. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize. Thanks.

I made one other change to the standard format which I apparently did not get to you. It is not a big deal; but just a preference on my part.

I would like to remind each winner that the gift you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of the IAP. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize. Thanks.

fiferb

Al, I moved the note about Laundry List answers to just underneath the question. My Bocote question from yesterday was a nightmare. Everyone gave me a website but they also copied and pasted the whole list of what they found. I'm going to count them as right but what a pain to read through them all.

Randy_

Now you understand why I added that note. I just didn't have time to read through all of the extraneous material. You still may not get compliance unless you mention that entries were disqualified for ignoring that rule.

DocStram

Welcome to the XXX day of this year's IAP TRIVIA CONTEST</u>.
All entries "postmarked" before noon of the contest closing day will be placed in a hat and two winners selected for every contest. Winners will be the first two entries selected that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question.
The winners will be announced about XXXX P.M. ET of the day the question closes and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.
Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.

All correct answers "postmarked" before noon will be placed in a hat and two winners selected every day. The winners will be announced about XXXX P.M. ET of the day the question closes and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.

Question for day XXXX.....

Question: Who the Head Honcho of the Trivia Meisters???

Please show the date and name of the contest in the title block of the email i.e., 16Jan Trivia. (saves time for the TRIVIAMEISTER in processing entries.)

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.

fiferb

Al, you may want to move the Note about "Laundry List" directly under the question. I'm finding most people aren't reading the entire post anymore.

Randy_

Al: Some revisions.

Question: An article at the Penmakers Guild shows how to correct common problems with many of the pens we make. What is the title of the article and who wrote it?

Answer: Mistakes by Rich Kleinhenz
http://www.penmakersguild.com/articles/mistakes.pdf

Note: There were 55 responses for this question.

The winners of the day 15 contest are:

Wendell

and

Pendemonium

And the prizes are:

Prize One - Pen stands donated by mrcook4570

Prize Two - Pen Blanks donated by jssmith3

1. Name and date of the contest you won,(change comma to period) <s>in the title block of the email, please</s>. (Example: Jan 15 Trivia Contest)
3. Your prize preference. (If you both select the same prize, Andrew will flip a coin to determine who gets what.
4. Phone number.(New requirement per Andrew as FedEx requires it for packages they carry.

I would like to remind each winner that the gift you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of <s>this forum</s> the IAP. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize. Thanks.

Al: Some revisions.

Line #1:
Fix punctuation per note.

Remove text that is struck out. When emailing through a members profile there is no title block to fill out so this could be confusing.

Add word Contest

Line #4

Change to standard color, remove "bold" code and remove parenthetical note. It has been around long enough that it shouldn't be necessary.

Randy_

Al: A tip that you may have already figured out. I started off with the two Trivia forms in MS Word. I changed the dates and any other things that needed it and then pasted it into the IAP thread. But, once you get your first thread posted, it is quicker..when starting successive days..to simply go to the previous days post, hit edit, and copy that text into your next days thread. You can then edit dates and whatever else right in the IAP thread and not have to fool with going to the MS Word file.

Randy_

Al: Some revisions needed.

Welcome to the 100th day of this year's IAP TRIVIA CONTEST</u>. You will have until 12 noon ET tomorrow to email your answer to this question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.

All correct answers "postmarked" before noon will be placed in a hat and two winners selected every day. The winners will be announced about 8 P.M. ET of the day the question closes and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.

(The above has been revised a little to make it more technically accurate per email complaint that we talked about. Delete above in favor of the following)
All entries "postmarked" before noon of the contest closing day will be placed in a hat and two winners selected for every contest. Winners will be the first two entries selected that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question.
The winners will be announced about 8 P.M. ET of the day the question closes and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.

Question for day 16.....

Question: Who was TriviaMeister during the 3rd Birthday Bash?

(Add space between 16 and Jan)

Randy_

No wonder you're the Trivia Meister Honcho! I wouldn't have figured that out until the ninth day. :D

First off, folks who are naturally lazy are always looking for easier and quicker ways to do things and secondly, I didn't figure that out until the 13th day!!:D

DocStram

Welcome to the 22nd day of this year's IAP TRIVIA CONTEST</u>.
All entries "postmarked" before noon tomorrow will be placed in a hat and two winners selected for every contest. Winners will be the first two entries selected that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question.
The winners will be announced by 10 P.M. ET tomorrow and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.
Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.

Question for day 22.....

Who is the Head Honcho of the TriviaMeisters?

Please show the date and name of the contest in the title block of the email i.e., 22 Jan Trivia. (saves time for the TRIVIAMEISTER in processing entries.)

DocStram

Randy and Bruce .....

If you have a minute .... please double check the above post. It reflects what I think are the latest suggestion from both of you. I did make a couple changes on my own ... like ... I refer to "tomorrow" for the closing of the contest .. and time change for ending.

I'll be posting this early in the morning.

Thanks!

DocStram

Question: Bla . . . Bla . . . Bla . . Bla . . ?

Answer: Yada . . . Yada . . . Yada . . . Yada . .

Note: There were XXX responses for this question.

The winners of the day XXX contest are:

Name of 1st Winner

and

Name of 2nd Winner

And the prizes are:

Prize One - XXXXX donated by XXXXX

Prize Two - XXXXX donated by XXXXX

1. Name and date of the contest you won. (Example: Jan XXXX Trivia)
4. Phone number.

I would like to remind each winner that the gift you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of the IAP. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize. Thanks.

fiferb

Al, you have
All correct answers "postmarked" before noon tomorrow will be placed in a hat and two winners selected every day. The winners will be announced about 10 P.M. ET of the day the question closes and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.
written twice.

I still think you should have the "laundry list" note directly after the question.

In the Winner Announcement, I think Randy proposed a change from
I would like to remind each winner that the gift you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of this forum.
to
I would like to remind each winner that the gift you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of the IAP.

Randy_

Just one trivial revision for you.:D

Question for day 22.....

Question: Who is the Head Honcho of the TriviaMeisters?

The "red question" is probably not necessary.

Otherwise it looks fine.

Welcome to the 22nd day of this year's IAP TRIVIA CONTEST</u>.
All entries "postmarked" before noon tomorrow will be placed in a hat and two winners selected for every contest. Winners will be the first two entries selected that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question.
The winners will be announced by 10 P.M. ET tomorrow and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.

Question for day 22.....

Question: Who is the Head Honcho of the TriviaMeisters?

Please show the date and name of the contest in the title block of the email i.e., 22 Jan Trivia. (saves time for the TRIVIAMEISTER in processing entries.)

Randy_

Al: It looks like you may be missing some of the posts in this forum. Jeff was in a hurry apparently and there is no way to subscribe to individual threads; but you can go to the top of the "Bash Planning Index" page and subscribe to the entire forum. Might help you keep up with Trivia Contest posts scattered in different threads.

Take a look at the second to the last post in this thread.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32442#334189

Randy_

Al: Did you miss this suggested revision?

1. Name and date of the contest you won, in the title block of the email, please. (Example: Jan 15 Trivia)

Line #4

Change to standard color, remove "bold" code and remove parenthetical note. It has been around long enough that it shouldn't be necessary any longer.

DocStram

OK .... I made the changes you both suggested. (Randy: I don't see the word "Question" typed in red.)

I also subscribed to the forum.

Thanks for checking on all of this. Feel free to continue offering suggestions/criticisms. :)

Randy_

Al: It is not in red in the actual announcement. I only hilited it in red in my example to make it stand out.

It is the word "question" in front of the actual question which I think is unnecessary because of the language of the preceding sentence.

DocStram

Randy .... for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why the word "Question" was showing up in red on your screen! Sometimes I'm a little slow ... better make that All of the Time! :D

Top Bottom