A Patriot on Wall Street

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

Red, White and Blue polyester homebrew on a Wall Street pen. Pictures of the blanks are underneath. I made a few extras...anyone interested? I'm debating whether to offer them for sale/trade. Comments on both the pen and the idea of the blanks are appreciated!

RWB%20Wall%20St.jpg

200583032944_RWB%20Pen%20Blanks.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Jim, I like the R,W&B, but I have an idea for you. Same theme, but mix the three slightly. Or can you? I'd try it, but I don't have the right kind of white. Sorry, Jim, but I'm not a big fan of that particular kit.

JimGo

I thought about mixing them. The first batch I tried mixed too much, and the colors overran the white. I let these sit for 15 minutes between pouring each color; next time, I think I'll cut that in half.

Ed, I am using the ice cube molds I posted a while ago for these. I like it because it allows me to do the vertical layering. I just can't do the horizontal mixing like your blanks!

I'm not a big fan of the kit either...but it was all Woodcraft had, and I was out of Atlas/Polaris kits.

mick

Jim, I tried pouring 3 colors in the ice trays at the same time to get a mix, swirl etc.......it was a real bear.....lol,but man they were pretty!

JimGo

Mick, I tried that before, and although the blanks look interesting, I didn't get the color separation I wanted. 15 minutes gives TOO much separation, so I'm hopeful that 5-10 will do the trick.

BigRob777

Jim,
Don't look now, but one of them is bleeding. [:eek:)] I like everything about it. The kit is one I haven't seen, or held (looks like it might be a bit short for my big paws), but to me, it looks nice. I'll bet a bunch of my wife's coworkers would love them. Maybe we can talk......later.
I ordered my bottle stopper set-up, but won't be using it for a while.
Hi Mick and Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom