A few new things

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darrin1200

darrin1200

I picked up these kits a little while ago, and figured I should give them a try.

The first is a Mach3 Razor done in Red Mallee Burl. This kit came out looking very elegant, and I will gladly add it to my inventory. SWMBO has already asked for a girly one. I did some investigating and found out that the Venus blades should fit this handle.
1_Razor__427x640_.jpg

The next is Penlight done in Red Stabilized Box Elder Burl. It is something that will make a unique gift. I will see how it fairs with the customers.
1_Penlight__427x640_.jpg

Finally, I did up a set of darts in Pau Ferro. When I finished turning, the entire dart weighed 13g. With the filler material in the kit, I was able to bring it up to 20g for each dart. I am going to take them to work tommorrow, and show them to couple of serious players. I can't wait to hear their comments.
1_Darts__640x480_.jpg

As always comments and critisisms are welcome.
Darrin
Timber Elegance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Great stuff! Really like the razor. I'm working on a razor and have a question. You put a 7mm tube in the handle blank, correct? It is longer than a slimline tube, where do you get the longer tube? Making mine out of soapstone with a soapstone handled brush and soap mug.

Dorno

They look great and being an Aussie i thought that red mallee looks great I have been looking at doing some razors for awhile now but as usual get side tracked onto something else. Where did you buy you razor from and are they a good price ?

cheers Ian

darrin1200

Thanks for the great comments

Great stuff! Really like the razor. I'm working on a razor and have a question. You put a 7mm tube in the handle blank, correct? It is longer than a slimline tube, where do you get the longer tube? Making mine out of soapstone with a soapstone handled brush and soap mug.
The tube is a little longer than standard and comes with the kit. My supplier does not currently carry spare tubes but if you needed one you could buy 10" tubes and cut it to what ever size you want. The way the razor is designed, it is not dependent on length. You could have a 5" handle if it was more comfortable for you.

They look great and being an Aussie i thought that red mallee looks great I have been looking at doing some razors for awhile now but as usual get side tracked onto something else. Where did you buy you razor from and are they a good price ?

cheers Ian

I get them from my Canadian supplier William Wood-Write
www.penblanks.ca
He has been getting a number of new kits in lately. I find his prices fair and he has excellent service. My boxes are usually in the mail the next business day.

Darrin
Timber Elegance

Top Bottom