4 Acrylics on Executives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnGreco

JohnGreco

I'm pretty sure I have a new favorite pen style. I had been wanting to give this a try for a while and since I started making them I am really enjoying the finished pens.

Here I was playing around with reverse painting some acrylics. The red was painted taupe to bring out the depth of the darker tones for the black titanium hardware it was being paired with.

2nd in from the left is antique silver with white paint inside. I like how the white creates a visual color transition from the deeper silver in the slightly thicker center to the lighter color near the ends as it approaches the chrome.

3rd in is blue that was painted to match the bright blue letting the pearl tones play nicely with the rhodium.

Last on the far right I hand mixed some paint to match the teal in the body of the acrylic. I really like the pop it gives while the black titanium pulls out the little swirls of gray.

Thanks for looking, c&c are welcome.

Attachments

• 4 finished pens.jpg
    4 finished pens.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 296
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

McBryde

I'm kind of partial to the red one, but don't let the wife see the blue one or I'd have to go turn her one! Good looking pens!

E

Top Bottom