30.06 and .270 Bullet Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from juteck

juteck

Finished this Christmas order. The two deer head clips are both .270 cal, and the others are 30.06. And the nice part for me, my beall collet chuck and collet set are now paid for!

Comments/critiques are always welcome.

bullet-pens.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RichB

Nice looking pens. I am a fan of the bullet pens and am making some now. You never know what the antler will look like until you cut it. Thanks for showing. RichB

Charles

Did you powder coat your shells? What are you using for the nib. I use a sierra boat tail bullet drilled out. But after powder coating the shine on the brass is a little dull. How are you finishing the brass and bullet?

Noah

Beautiful job... I enjoy making bullet pen kits, but am interesting in learning to move on to other calibers...

Do you have any "How-To Guides" available...?

Thanks
Ed

juteck

Thanks for the comments, and thanks to those who published the how-to articles in the library. Ed - just browse through the library index - you'll find the articles there.

I did not powder coat these, but that's on my wish list if I find there will be enough of a market locally for these to make it worthwhile buying a hobby powder coater and dedicated oven. In this case, my co-worker did not want them finished, and wants them to tarnish naturally for his recipients. The bullets are Barnes solid copper - no boat tail, I cut my own taper when I was drilling from the back side. Copper and brass are polished with dedicated buffing wheels, starting with tripoli then white diamond. If the brass is really grungy, I use brasso to get most of the shine from the start, then go on to the buffing wheels. Final hand buff with renaissance wax.

Top Bottom