3 new gavel pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

I made 3 new gavel pens that are headed to the DC pen show later in August. Hope they sell. I think we can use a few more gavels in DC to help hammer legislation into law. Take a look.

Image Insert:
20048823635_DC%20gavels%20closed%20copy.jpg

26.82KB

Image Insert:
20048823652_DC%20gavels%20open.jpg

25.45KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

timdaleiden

Don,

Great pens and marketing plan. You can't swing a dead branch in DC without hitting somebody that has a law degree. If you sell one initially, there will most likely be five (or more) follow up sales.

Imagine a Supreme Court Judge with one of your pens. It could happen. [8D]

its_virgil

I saw a gavel/pen somewhere but it looked really cheezy....small and parts not proportional. I went to the local trophy store and bought a real gavel to use as a model and adapted a pen inside the handle. The kit I used for the RB is a americanaaa screw cap from Berea, but the Euro Screw cap is almost the same. The FP's were two executive kits I had but the americana and euro screw caps also come in FP's. I am working on an article to post on penturners.org but if you can't wait I could give you some instructions if you want. Email me back channel. I basically got some cap pen kits and started experimenting. The hard part is doing the handle and incorporating the pen. All must be centered....I have made about 8 or 9 so far and am feeling a little more confident changing the motiff on the mallet and the handle so they don;t all look alike. I'll be glad to help if you want. Maybe helping you could turn into my article!
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Don, why not contact Woodturning Design about an article on those gavel pens... they are looking for new and exciting ideas and you could make a couple of bucks also.. they are great people to work with... I write for there sister magazine. Creative Woodworks...

Scott

Hey Don! Nice gavel-pens! They should go well at the DC Pen Show. I'll be looking forward to that article!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom