2nd cast in PR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

For my second cast of PR using Coastal Scents mica pigments, I just kind of jumped in with no real plan whatsoever! :rolleyes::eek:

The results look about like something created on the spur of the moment by someone trying to out race the falling thermometer...:frown:

but, once I cut a blank off and rounded it over .... it looked a little better! :)

Attachments

• 2ndcast4485.jpg
    2ndcast4485.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 300
  • 2ndcast4489.jpg
    2ndcast4489.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 375
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

Well Andy ... you DID tell me I had to do three colors this time! :)

I mixed up PLENTY this time as well, poured a couple other experimental things with what was left over. .... But next time I have to plan things out a little better. :redface:
I poured the first color into the mold and had to pour it back as I forgot to add the catalyst.:eek::redface: I should have (to get the look I was hoping for) mixed a bigger batch of the black.

I was running around trying to find a suitable mixing cup for the third color as things were starting to gel up! Still haven't located the cups with a #5 on the bottom.

Still a work in progress .... still FUN in progress, I should say!:biggrin:

Lenny

Thanks Seamus, I'll take that into consideration. :rolleyes::)

Turned the first one as a El Grande ... but a odd version the El Grande Streamline.
The instructions call for turning the cap end with the two different sized tubes loosely fit (without glue) ....
Way to much play... the results were about what I expected .... not great! :frown:
Out of round :eek:

robutacion

Great stuff Lenny,

You're certainly are getting addicted to casting, huh...???:wink:

I would suggest one thing, do your mixers/castings at the end of the day and leave them alone until the next day, you will be surprised how excitting it is to get out of bed...!!!:eek::)

Cheers
George

Lenny

Great stuff Lenny,

You're certainly are getting addicted to casting, huh...???:wink:

I would suggest one thing, do your mixers/castings at the end of the day and leave them alone until the next day, you will be surprised how excitting it is to get out of bed...!!!:eek::)

Cheers
George

I will be really glad when I can do that! :) For my first two casts I've had to work at noon to get the warmest part of the day.:frown:

I look forward to being able to come home from work and play a little with the mica and PR without having to worry about keeping things warm. :)

JohnU

Looks Great Lenny! The surface never complements whats inside. You got real good color swirl. I think my first few casts were just layers of seperated colors.

munawar

Very good Lenny. What kind of mold are you using. I just got mine from the Pen Wizzard, Joe Swall. Poor guy already spent couple of hours on the phone trying to teach this engineer touchy feel stuff. He's great customer service.

Manny

Lenny

Very good Lenny. What kind of mold are you using. I just got mine from the Pen Wizzard, Joe Swall. Poor guy already spent couple of hours on the phone trying to teach this engineer touchy feel stuff. He's great customer service.

Manny

I made mine with silicone caulking following the methods described by Richard L. Greenwald in his article on casting in the Library.

Edward Cypher

Looks great Lenny. Did you only use coastal scents? Or did you use color and then coastal scents? Curious I just recieved my orger of coastal scents today.

Ed

Lenny

I did use coastal scent's mica pigments. With the leftover yellow resin I did a couple other pours and in those I drizzled some red which I had picked up from US Composites (red, green, blue and yellow) when I ordered my Silmar41.

Top Bottom