2007 UGLY PEN CONTEST WINNERS!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Here are the results you've all been waiting for! After carefully considering all of the wonderful entries, our panel of expert judges have decided! The Winners are:

Worst looking normal pen, 1st prize - n4631x! The prize is a $25 Gift certificate from Manny's CA, and the Book: Learn to Turn by Barry Gross, from Arizona Silhouette. Here is his entry:

20072141659_n4631x-2.jpg

Worst looking normal pen, 2nd prize - JDPens (Josh's Brother)! The prize is the DVD: Closed End Pens by Ed Davidson, from Arizona Silhouette. Here is his entry:

20072142040_jdpens2a.jpg

Most technically advanced ugly pen, 1st prize - JDPens (Josh)! The prize is a $25 Gift Certificate from Woodturningz, and the Book: The Pen Turners Workbook 2nd ed. by Barry Gross, from Arizona Silhouette. Here is his entry:

20072142337_jdpens3a.jpg

Most technically advanced ugly pen, 2nd prize - Chuckkey! The prize is the DVD: Closed End Pens by Ed Davidson, from Arizona Silhouette. Here is his entry:

20072142614_chuckkey1a.jpg

Most disgusting pen, 1st prize - RonMc! The prize is a $25 Gift Certificate from Woodturningz (10+15), and the Book: Turning Pens and Pencils by Christensen & Burningham, from Arizona Silhouette. Here is his entry:

20072142917_ronmc1a.jpg

Most disgusting pen, 2nd prize - mrcook4570! The prize is the DVD: Closed End Pens by Ed Davidson, from Arizona Silhouette. Here is his entry:

20072143236_mrcook4570-1.jpg

Most unusual material, 1st prize - Divnbrian! The prize is a 20lb Bargain Box of Klingspor Sandpaper, and 10 CSUSA Tactile European pens. Here is his entry:

20072143434_divnbrian%201.jpg

Most unusual material, 2nd prize - Jamie! The prize is the DVD: Basic Pen Turning with Bill Baumbeck. Here is his entry:

2007214401_jamie1.jpg

Just Butt Ugly Pen, 1st prize - mrcook4570! And for those who wonder, the rules do allow for winning in more than one category! The prize is a 20lb Bargain Box of Klingspor Sandpaper, and 10 Chrome cigar pen kits from CSUSA. Here is his entry:

20072144315_mrcook4570-1.jpg

Just Butt Ugly Pen, 2nd prize - johncrane! The prize is the DVD: Basic Pen Turning with Bill Baumbeck. Here is his entry:

2007214470_johncrane1a.jpg

Please feel free to jump right in to congratulate or deride the winners! These are truly some of the ugliest pens around!

I also want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for participating! This has been a blast!

Scott.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nolan

LOL now I can hold my head up high and be proud. I AM A WINNER!!! I AM A WINNER!!! I AM A WINNER!!! (to bad it was with a loser pen design)

Nolan

johncrane

Thats great' thank you very much Too Scott! The Judges! and too all the contestant's it was a lot off fun making "Dharnya" and l got a laugh with all the comments thankyou also to Bill Baumbeck a big thanks for the prize l am sure the dvd will help me.:D

PenWorks

I hope this thread self destructs within 24 hours, so we don't scare any possible new turners away :D I am not sure congratulations is in order :)

bnoles

Congrats to all the winners. IAP will never be the same :D

Now.... someone please pass the asprin, my head hurts from looking at those pictures.

JDPens

I CAN'T BELEIVE MY BROTHER AND I ACTUALLY WON!!!! [:0] :D [:0] :D

Congratulations to the other winners as well! This contest was alot of fun! :D :D
Thanks goes to Scott for organizing this contest as well.

Ron Mc

LOL....I don't even know what to say! Thanks to the prize donors. We really appreciate it.
I would also like to congratulate all of the winners for their outstanding work and I would like to congratulate the losers (winners depending on how you look at it) for their outstanding work.

Now if I could just get the flies off of my pen stand!;)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
FANTASTIC! Great job everyone! I guess I have a whole new set of photos for the front page :)

If you're a winner, please email me (click on the "email poster" link in this post) your shipping address, I'll arrange for delivery of your prizes.

THANKS for participating!

gerryr

There are nasty looking pens here. But Jeff, don't put these on the home page or nobody will join - they'll think that's all we can do.:D[:0]

mrcook4570

Hey, does this mean that I can now market my pens as award winning???

Congrats to all who participated and thanks to everyone for making the IAP such a great site!

Jamie

To Bill Baumbeck:
Your entry in the ugly pen contest is so disgustingly frightful; I instantly lapsed into the vapors, almost swallowing my tongue and loosing all vision in one eye. Thank goodness no children were present.

Top Bottom