2 tonight - Cocobolo and ? (Sr. and Jr.)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

Had time to make 2 pens tonight. The first is a Cocobolo Jr. Statesman fountain pen. I didn't see the scratch on the cap near the clip 'till I went to take the pics. Otherwise, it looks pretty good IMHO. Only other thing I see wrong is that I'm JUST proud of the trim ring near the writing part. It blends pretty well in person, though.

200751953452_DSCN4687a.jpg

200751953513_DSCN4691a.jpg

The second is a full size statesman in an unknown wood...can anyone help ID it? My thought was cherry burl, but I'm not sure. I'm a touch proud at the same joint on this one as on the Jr., but otherwise I don't see anything major. This one exploded in the DP, and if you look closely under the cap you can see where I had to fill a big gap.

200751953533_DSCN4695a.jpg

200751953554_DSCN4696a.jpg

As always, comments, critiques, etc. are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ahoiberg

they both look very nice jim... as for that second wood... it ALMOST looks like afzelia burl... maybe not quite figured enough...

Nice pens, I like the coco the best ...and don't worry about a scratch, I don't know too many people who walk around with a 500 watt light shinning on their pen..[;)]

I also vote for Afzali as the second wood,

Nice work[:D]

BigRob777

Jim,
Awesome pens, both. I'm guessing Afzelia burl also, but it could be that stuff from California that warps and cracks a lot. I can't remember the name, but it's a pinkish wood. OK, I just did a ten minute search and found it. Madrone. I'd guess it's one or the other. OH, I just sold the "silver and gold have I none" pen from your awesome silver blank.
Thank you so much,
Rob

JimGo

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Rob, I'll have to look up what Madrone looks like - it seems a less vibrant color than the Afzalia/afzilia blanks I have - I think Afzalia is typically a little more orange/yellow than this piece. This one is a pinker color. Regardless, I'm happy with the pen! But the color difference did make me think maybe it might be Cherry.

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />OH, I just sold the "silver and gold have I none" pen from your awesome silver blank.

SWEET!!! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom