2 Briar Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pipemaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipemaker

20053711612_lwcg.jpg

The pen on the left is a modified Longwood with black acrylic,and carnuba wax over brown leather dye.

The righthand pic is a comfort pen, natural color with a TSW top coat.

This penmaking is fun.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darley

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Beautiful pens with an excellent dramatic flair. That briar certainly makes a gorgeous pen!

BRIAR ? [?] Lou what do you call Briar ?, it's a wood or another type of material, never eard of it .

Pipemaker those 2 pens are very nice, just 1 litle comment the one on the right I would done a black and white CB, maybe white pickguard one each end of the barrel and black CB,or white pickguard in the middle of the CB, great work

Serge

tipusnr

I like the pens as well. Are these pieces cutoffs from your pipe blanks or do you have a source for briar pen blanks?

"Please don't throw me in that briar patch."

woodpens

Nice job, Mike. I am starting to really like Briar. I found several Briar pen blanks in my shop today. A lot of them will require some filling with crushed stone or something, but that should be nice.

pipemaker

Thanks to all for your comments.

Bill and Gregory: The pieces are cut offs from pipe carving blocks. This particular wood comes from Algeria. I'm not aware of any source for briar pen blanks, and most briar blocks are shaped and sized for pipemaking. Even the number of half blanks you could cut from a typical block is limited.

Thanks for your suggestion Serge. I added some thin white acrylic rings to the comfort pen and think they improve the appearance.

20053811313_cg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom