1st segmented pen . . .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cozee

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozee

Getting to late to go back downstairs where the lighting is better. BLO coated Curly Maple, Bloodwood, and credit card with CA finish on a Black Ti Cigar. I learned one thing, well, one word, that makes or breaks segment work, that is "Square". Gotta get the saw tightened up and make sure the blanks are straight!! Any way, here ya go . . .

200742534129_1stseg.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ahoiberg

hey cozee, did you just cut squares out of an old credit card and glue them regularly like you would one of the bloodwood pieces? how do you get around the numbers/letters on the card??

cozee

<b>Andrew</b>, credit cards, phone cards, gift and shopping cards, I use the flat areas. I got the idea from ken69912001 in the post above.

<b>Ken</b>, I built a sled for my table saw. the sides are a tad narrow for the mitre slots so there is a hair bit of slop. And the ol' Craftsman TS can be a pain to not only get square but stay there. Since we are beginning to remodel the house and I need the TS, I think I am going to look for a new table top unit and use it for nothing but segmenting. Terrence received a bargin priced band saw for his birthday on the 19th. He added it to the shop downstairs. Going to build a sled for it and see what happens. Oh yeah, ya still waiting to hear some good new??!!!

Ron Mc

Greg,
Your off to a great start![:D]

Did you get my e-mail in regards to being in your area again in May?

cozee

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Greg,
Your off to a great start![:D]

Did you get my e-mail in regards to being in your area again in May?

Thanks Ron!! Just pm'ed ya about May!

stevers

Looks really good Greg. The spacing looks to be right on. Thats another important thing I learned when segmenting. And I know what you mean about the square thing. it bit me in the a__ early on. Thats also when I reworked my drilling jig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom