14th Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Just so I can keep my sterling reputation for being ahead of the schedule....LOL....

For those out of state visitors, this gives us enough time to fill out all the paper work that is required for out of state visitors!

THE DATE FOR THE 14th MEETING WILL BE: <Drum Roll>

March 24th, 2012

I am looking to get some help with the demo's, so if you have something you want to do, or you would like to see something done, please let me know!

Thanks

Robert

Last edited:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Are you kidding....the last time the paper work took me 3 months to fill out in order to get the name changed......I dont think they would like me making another change....LOL

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
DATE CHANGE--DATE CHANGE--DATE CHANGE--DATE CHANGE--DATE CHANGE--

Just so I can keep my sterling reputation for being ahead of the schedule....LOL....

For those out of state visitors, this gives us enough time to fill out all the paper work that is required for out of state visitors!

THE DATE FOR THE 14th MEETING WILL BE: <Drum Roll>

March 17th, 2012 (Original date was the 24th, but we needed to change due to a conflict of schedule at Woodcraft)

I am looking to get some help with the demo's, so if you have something you want to do, or you would like to see something done, please let me know!

Thanks

Robert

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
FINAL DATE CHANGE FOR THE 14th MEETING!!!!!!!!!!

DATE CHANGE--DATE CHANGE--DATE CHANGE--DATE CHANGE--DATE CHANGE--

THE DATE FOR THE 14th MEETING WILL BE:

March 10th, 2012 (Original date was the 24th, but we needed to change due to a conflict of schedule at Woodcraft)

As always, any ideas on demos, or stuff that you want to see done, please let me know.

Thanks

Robert

mick

You keep changing the date and the meeting will be next week!
( I know you miss me harassing you.)

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Mick

LOL...We have a new "training" person at the Woodcraft store, and they are getting all of the training classes for 2012 set up, and we were asked to move a couple of times to allow them to move some training classes. Since we are a group they allow to meet at their wonderful facility, and we dont really make any money for them (other than through sales), we try to be as accomodating as possible.

WE DO MISS YOU, when are you going to be able to visit again? Please dont tell us that we dont give you enough time to schedule...LOL....

Robert

You keep changing the date and the meeting will be next week!
( I know you miss me harassing you.)

omb76

Hey Robert, maybe a hidden clip demo? Would kinda go along with the closed end demo from the last meeting.

Also, I would be happy to demonstrate how to make a really nice piece of wood into a big pile of sawdust if that would be beneficial to anyone! :biggrin:

Steve Busey

Someone mentioned bottle stoppers. I can demo a simple bottle stopper (I call it the "RoJo" :tongue:) if that's a real desire.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Someone mentioned bottle stoppers. I can demo a [B said:
simple[/B] bottle stopper (I call it the "RoJo" :tongue:) if that's a real desire.

Now thats funny I dont care WHO you are....LOL....Anyways, it must be wide in the middle and have a nice shiny head on it...LOL...

The 10th is still the date for the meeting. We moved the date a few times to accomodate the training schedule at Woodcraft, but the 10th is the date! We had talked about a couple of program topics:

Bottle Stoppers

Pepper Grinders

Photography

Please let me know by show of hands, which ones we want to do for the next meeting.....

Brooks803

I remember being asked to show how I do my photos. I'd be happy to do it but that'd be a REALLY quick demo! Mabye 15-20mins worth of usable info, lol.

Personally I'd like to see someone do a pepper grinder. I've been wanting to make one.

Steve Busey

>> Bottle Stoppers / Pepper Grinders / Photography

Just doublechecking, but we're a Penturner group, right? :confused:

Please let me know by show of hands, which ones we want to do for the next meeting.....

OK, not sure how this helps you, but here goes...

potw_02.jpg

leestoresund

Me, too.
Already have everything else.
Last year tried to sneak in with a spouse pass. What the hay, same sex marriage.
The lady at the front said she'd do it if we kissed.
We paid full fare.

Proud2Turn

If it's not too late for a suggestion...

Would like to see something on segmentation and PR casting. I'm still very new to turning pens, and wouldn't mind some info on how to disassemble a pen. I have an early acrylic that I'd love to put back on the lathe and finish up properly.

Thanks

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I have placed segmentation as a topic in the hat, and one of the meetings soon, we will see something on segmenting. We have just finished up 4 different pouring and casting demos, so we probably wont have that come up again soon, but it is always a great topic.

We love taking pens apart. So, anything we can do to help you out, just bring your pens, and we will help you disassemble! See ya at the meeting!

Would like to see something on segmentation and PR casting. I'm still very new to turning pens, and wouldn't mind some info on how to disassemble a pen. I have an early acrylic that I'd love to put back on the lathe and finish up properly.

Thanks

Proud2Turn

Thanks. Figured they might have been done recently, but doesn't hurt to ask right :biggrin: Will bring some pens, and appreciate the help with taking one apart. Like to see how mine fair, and how I can make them better.

leestoresund

Your visa from Alabama is good for three days. Come on Friday to go to the Woodworking show. It's only 12 miles farther in almost a straight line. About a gallon of gas round trip. WW shows is emphasizing turning this year. Then you can come to Woodcraft on Saturday to meet with a (I was going to say friendly) group of pen guys. If you forgot something on Friday it's an easy trek back the the WW show on Sunday. You should still be able to make it back across the border before sundown on Sunday.
They're not offering "Spouse Free" this year. I guess too many same sex relationships came last year.

Lee

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Where and what is the woodworking show? and what is being demo'd at the penturners? I am pretty new to this woodturning stuff.

Phil

The woodturners show is a national show that breezes through town on March 9th, 10 and 11th. They have demos, vendors and clubs from the area showing their work. You can come and buy tools, wood, or just hang out.

The penturners meeting will hopefully have a demo on making Pepper grinders, and maybe one on photography.....the photography one is up in the air right now.....

Brooks803

Typically it starts at 10am till around 3 or so. I usually arrive around 9 and unpack the car and stretch a bit.

Robert, is there another demo other than the pepper mill? I'm trying to solidify my plans so I can make it out Sat. If I can make it I could demo something....maybe threading / kitless intro if need be.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok here is the line up for the 10th-

At 10:30am we will have Dave Wood performing a demonstration on Pepper mills. Dave is a Woodcraft employee, and has done some very nice work in the Pepper mill area. I am really looking forward to seeing Dave in action!

Later in the afternoon about 1:30 or so Brooks has volunteered to do a THREADING demo if he can make it. If Brooks cannot make the meeting, you will have to settle for a demo by myself doing either or both, the photography demo and/or the bottle stopper demo (I know, I know, I am rooting for Brooks to show up as well....LOL....threading will be much more interesting, and you wont have to listen to me).

I look forward to seeing everyone. We will have a pen swap if we have enough people to participate.

Please bring all of your trade, sell, give away stuff!!

Last edited:

leestoresund

I don't have a demo but I do have a "show and tell".

I got some clear acrylic so that I could see and measure what was happening. Melts if you turn too fast or try to thread too quickly.

Good training for patience.

Lee

firewhatfire

OK we need ot start every thread on this site with the 1st post having the address of the meeting. I do declare yall are gonna end up getting me lost over there.

What is the address again. I think I am gonna make it over.

Phil

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
LOL....the meeting place NEVER changes...but for our Western Suburbs of Atlanta folks...Hope your GPS gets you to the correct place!

Woodcraft
8560 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Suite 115

Alpharetta, GA 30022
Phone: (770) 587-3372
Fax: (770) 587-9068

firewhatfire

If y'all don't remember the first trip I made over there I was so scared my truck was gonna get stolen I locked my keys in so y'all couldn't beat me up and take them. Take it as a lucky thing just imagine having to tell me once a month instead of once a quarter.

Phil

Steve Busey

Quarter?
No. Admission is a buck!

Or at least enough of one's antler to make several pens!

Looks like I'll make it after all Rojo - I'll drag along my bottle stopper chuck & parts and give a quick walkthrough to anyone interested. Not sure it warrants a full demo slot...

reddwil

Hope everybody has a great time. I got my weekends mixed up so I won't be able to attend. Putting hard wood floors down in the house. Guess that qualifies as wood working though.

Top Bottom