12th Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

Has a date been selected for the next meeting? Seems like September was mentioned. I'm probably gonna miss it anyway. I have a lot of "extra curricular" stuff going on that month.

Steve Busey

I think I heard Robert say he wanted to know what days you could not make it, so he could schedule it for then! :rolleyes::tongue:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry Guys and Gals

I thought the hint in the 10th meeting notes was good enough....BUT since the direct approach ALWAYS works...

THE DATE FOR THE 12th MEETING WILL BE: <Drum Roll>

September 17th

SPOILER ALERT THE DATE FOR THE 13th MEETING WILL BE: <Drum Roll>

December 17th

I am looking to get some help with the demo's, so if you have something you want to do, or you would like to see something done, please let me know!

Thanks

Robert

Steve Busey

Have everyone get an opportunity (ie: force them) to get up and discuss one of their more challenging pens (preferably one they brought along). There's a lot of skill & talent out there in the vast silent audience!

Bobalu

Maybe we could get Jonathon Brooks back for "Casting 102" or "Homebrew--Rev2" or what ever you want to call it. I'm sure there are others like myself that still haven't gotten it quite right and need a remedial course.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Someone out there willing to do a closed end demo for our September meeting? I would be happyt to help you set up and get ready, I just need your talent and expertise......Volunteers????

If not this meeting, I talked to one of the members out near me, he does closed ends, but is a football coach who will be busy on our Sept. date, but he is willing to do December if he can make it.....

I have placed the call out there to volunteers for the September meeting....ANYONE WANT TO DO A DEMO FOR THE CLUB????????

Russell Eaton

I have a closed end mandrel, if no one else steps up. That is if y'all can put up with me 2 meeting in a row. I guess I need to check with my agent...

Last edited:

Brooks803

David asked if I could show how to take out and replace the crystals in the majestics and art deco kits. If there's an open slot for Sept 17th I can do that.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, I have to do some "checking" with some AGENTS.....

But I have tentatively got a closed end volunteer for us- Mr Russell

and a replacement jewel demo- Mr Brooks (have to work on the visa issues again)

I will confirm this shortly hopefully.

Thanks

Robert

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok ladies and gentleman......

After hard core negotiations (Mr Boras eat your heart out) with some folks agents, we have confirmed the following.....

Mr Russell will be performing a closed end demo! (The Open End demo was cancelled due to lack of being able to obtain the appropriate septic permits...they got no sense of humor down at the permit office....)

Mr Brooks will be performing the jewel replacement demo! (this has nothing to do with farm animals...sorry to dissappoint the folks coming from Alabama)

If you would like to participate in the pen swap, please bring a finished pen, and you will be paired up with the other individuals who are bringing pens for swaps.

If you would like to trade/sell/give away any items bring those!

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!!

I have spoken with the folks at Woodcraft about having a certain amount of stock on hand so the pen turners can actually buy them while at the store, and have the extra inventory on hand. I have already asked that they have an abundance of:

Sierra Extra Tubes
Sierra Kits

IF YOU WANT TO BUY SOMETHING AT WOODCRAFT AND THEY ARE ALWAYS OUT, OR YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BE TOO LATE IN GETTING AN ITEM....LIST IT in this thread, and I will ask that the WOODCRAFT folks order extra so there are some on hand for people. I know it is frustrating trying to buy stuff and it not be in inventory, so here is your chance to tell me what is always out, and is frustrating for you...whether it be a product or a pen kit....TELL ME NOW SO THEY CAN ORDER IT THIS WEEK FOR OUR MEETING.

Brooks803

I think he might be referring to us out of towners from the last meeting :cool: We almost had the majority of attendance that day :tongue::biggrin:

Btw, Happy to be of service to the land of the west :wink:

Brooks803

Just so everyone knows what my demo is all about (I've gotten a couple PM's wondering). I'll be showing how to remove and replace the crystal accents that come on certain kits (Majestic, Majestic Jr. Majestic Squire, Art Deco to name a few). I can also go over removing and replacing the finials if there's time. Here's a few examples of what I'm talking about. See yall soon!

100_2502700x619.jpg
1_100_8391.jpg
102_9936.jpg

omb76

Hey, I've got a coule of Majestic Jr clips that I can bring with me for you to use in the demo if you'd like. Just let me know!

Brooks803

Hey, I've got a coule of Majestic Jr clips that I can bring with me for you to use in the demo if you'd like. Just let me know!

Sure David, I'm bringing 1 for myself bc I'm bringing the whole kit and putting it all together there for all to see. Showing how to get it out more than once would be cool.

Robert I hope that I can do my demo early. I would like to make it up to Helen for the symposium that afternoon. If that works for Brooks.

Fine by me Russell. It'll give me time to wake up before handling the power tools :eek::biggrin:

omb76

Not sure if you know the answer or not, but will Woodcraft have the closed end mandrel or whatever else it takes to make the closed end pens on hand?

Ok ladies and gentleman......

After hard core negotiations (Mr Boras eat your heart out) with some folks agents, we have confirmed the following.....

Mr Russell will be performing a closed end demo! (The Open End demo was cancelled due to lack of being able to obtain the appropriate septic permits...they got no sense of humor down at the permit office....)

Mr Brooks will be performing the jewel replacement demo! (this has nothing to do with farm animals...sorry to dissappoint the folks coming from Alabama)

If you would like to participate in the pen swap, please bring a finished pen, and you will be paired up with the other individuals who are bringing pens for swaps.

If you would like to trade/sell/give away any items bring those!

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!!

I have spoken with the folks at Woodcraft about having a certain amount of stock on hand so the pen turners can actually buy them while at the store, and have the extra inventory on hand. I have already asked that they have an abundance of:

Sierra Extra Tubes
Sierra Kits

IF YOU WANT TO BUY SOMETHING AT WOODCRAFT AND THEY ARE ALWAYS OUT, OR YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BE TOO LATE IN GETTING AN ITEM....LIST IT in this thread, and I will ask that the WOODCRAFT folks order extra so there are some on hand for people. I know it is frustrating trying to buy stuff and it not be in inventory, so here is your chance to tell me what is always out, and is frustrating for you...whether it be a product or a pen kit....TELL ME NOW SO THEY CAN ORDER IT THIS WEEK FOR OUR MEETING.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I do not believe the mandrels for closed end pens are at Woodcraft. I know they are available through several of the IAP members (or used to be), and also through the Craft Supplies (or used to be).

watchman7

Georgia Chapter Meeting

Just got home from the Georgia Chapter 12th meeting. Great time had by all. The demos by Russell and Brooks were well done and informative. We should start seeing a few closed end pens from our members. The Pin Chuck idea presented by Russell will really save some of us a lot of money. Brooks demo showed a very clever way to get the "Pimp" stone out of a Majestic clip. Sure looked like a lot of work to make the replacement for it, but the result was really nice.

Thanks to the folks who donated for the drawing prizes. I was fortunate to get my pick of one of Brooks' blanks. I would have picked a DIW but I have about a dozen in my stash.

Looking forward to the December meeting.

Mike Goetz

Brooks803

I had a great time yesterday yall. It was good to get to see everyone again and put some faces with names. Russell, thanks for the closed end demo. I'm just glad I was actually able to do mine with all I had goin on. A big thank you to the Beasley's for lunch afterwards. I'm really looking forward to the Dec meeting now.

Top Bottom