Payback from Charlie W

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
OK, so to be clear, I got the better half of this: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/collaboration-w-mark-james-155391/

When I visited with Robin and Charlie last fall, we decided to trade our talents in whatever manner we could. I sent three sets of Chevron Blanks, and received these museum pieces crafted by Charlie and Robin.

Thank You!

"Geared Up"

Ingredients: Maple gear and base insert; black iron pipe fittings; threaded rod, hex nuts, acorn nut, toilet flapper chain.

Finish: Pyrography, paint, black stain, metal reactive paints, water, gilding paste, lacquer.

Note: Unscrewing the pipe fittings will reveal a hidden compartment which is finished to match the exterior.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

"Hand Carved Spoon"

Wood: Mountain Laurel.

Finish: Oil/Beeswax.

Note: Spoon shape was band sawn, spoon bowl was roughed out with a rotary burr and finished with scrapers and sandpaper. The rest of the spoon was carved by knife and sanded.

"Walnut Sphere"

Finish: Danish Oil/Beall buffed.

Note: Hand turned between centers (NO sphere jig)

View in Gallery

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Mal, Ankur,
Thanks so much! It is so much fun when we Woodturners/ Penturners get a swap going. We have several turned pieces by club members and they are special pieces. It is a good feeling to pass on some of your best work to someone who appreciates the time, effort and thought that goes into a turning.

Top Bottom