AAW Portland

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Just a tad over one month to go for the AAW Symposium in Portland. Woo Hoo
There is over 30 of our guild members going this year which is a record for us.
I wonder if it has anything to do with it being so close to us this year. Maybe.:biggrin:
Lin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

No I didn't, I had you down for a rotation but I had to change one of my rotations for the cancellation of one of the demonstrations which threw my whole schedule out. How did it go.? Did you have good attendance?
Lin

mg_dreyer

I had three sessions and all were well attended. Demoed a new liquid finish for wooden pens that was well received. Done in three to four coats - glass finish, applied with lathe off, and is tintable. I had a blast. I can understand changing of the demonstrators.

Hope you had fun and learned a lot.

Last edited:

mg_dreyer

I am planning to write a review in the next couple of days. I have been using it and demoed it in Portland with very good success. Takes only three to four coats - glass like finish and goes on with the lathe off and with the grain. Also can tint it for a nice surface color and maintain the grain look. I have been playing with an amber color on plain maple and it looks great. As John mentioned it is used in the high end musical instrument repair industry and it sold as a "liquid finish" not a CA.

It is my go-to finish for pens wanting a easy flawless gloss finish.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This is the first pen I made with GluBoost Thin.

It is Boxelder, non-stabilized. Just about 5 coats of Thin GluBoost--

Attachments

• gluBoostpen.jpg
    gluBoostpen.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 134
Top Bottom