Where can I find these?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

Where can I find the tiny set screws that are on the outside of the die to tighten it down? I may have dropped one never to be found again. ☺️

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Where can I find the tiny set screws that are on the outside of the die to tighten it down? I may have dropped one never to be found again. ☺️
Just about anywhere but you need to know the size. It is a machine screw. Usually they come in allen key head style. Start there and type that in google and it will help.

rherrell

That screw only makes the die bigger, I just use that screw to keep the die from collapsing when I tighten it in the die holder. If you can find something to act as a spacer just jam it in there so it won't collapse, then just put it in your die holder as usual.

Hippie3180

All of this is good to know. My husband corrected me advising me it's a set screw. We actually found it by some miracle…but for how long?

Thanks guys! This is actually the one on the outside of the die holder, I should have been more specific.

Hippie3180

All of this is good to know. My husband corrected me advising me it's a set screw. We actually found it by some miracle…but for how long?

Thanks guys, I will remember if this happens again. I will also remember your fix rherrell

jrista

Ace or True value. Bring the die.

Mike
Second this! Ace around here, always have every kind of screw type thing you can imagine, in every size possible. No better place to find tiny grub screws or things like that. 🎉

Woodchipper

FWIW- Harbor Freight has a magnetic tray for holding small parts. I have one stuck to a metal cabinet over the workbench. My wife has one with her sewing things for holding straight pins. The best way to find anything is to buy the replacement. Then the missing part will magically appear out of thin air.

Top Bottom