What Size Compressor?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gbpens

I am considering buying a 5 gallon pressure pot made by California Air Tools for large vase like castings. What size compressor do I need? At the moment I do not have a compressor.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bleedaggie

I bought the California air tools compressor to go with mine and am really happy with it. Super quiet, ready to roll right out of the box.

floatslow

I have a 5gal California Air Tools pressure pot, my 1 gal California air tools compressor turns on one time after fill to completely pressurize to required setting.

I use my much louder pancake compressor for more arduous jobs like filling a tire.

Swede3001

I am considering buying a 5 gallon pressure pot made by California Air Tools for large vase like castings. What size compressor do I need? At the moment I do not have a compressor.
Do it. Those California Air Tools pressure pots are SUPER nice, I have one and it works like a charm! A friend who gave up casting was over and used it; turned to me said if they had this instead of the Harbor freight one he would still be casting.
I use a little Porter Cable pancake compressor. Would this work for multiple pots on a daily basis, no. For my one or two a week, most certainly.

egnald

I'm sold on California Air Tools. The pressure pot was designed specifically for casting and it was ready to go right out of the box. I have the 2.5 gallon and their Light and Quiet portable compressor. They work great together, but If I had the room I would have gone with their 8 gallon compressor. - Dave

Top Bottom