Virage Repair Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Todd in PA

A customer returned this pen because the roller wheel fell off the clip. No problem. I had a replacement on hand.

The kit is named VIRAGE (by Berea). It looks like I could fix it if i could just press the wheel back on there somehow. šŸ§ It's tiny! Any suggestions before I drop it a fifth time and lose the dang thing for good?

18884D77-A5F8-46D7-B05E-F16038EE1A3A.jpeg

jttheclockman

Before you even attempt it, is it worn out? There should be 2 little nibs that go into the indents on the roller. If not there throw away and replace. This was a poor attempt to copy a name brand pen makers pens. If there are still there. Close the gap by bending the two prongs. It is a friction fit. Now is a matter of patience. I would take a block of wood and drill a hole just large enough to have the 2 tangs straddle the hole. Clamp the clip to the strip of wood and clamp the strip of wood to a bench so that is one less piece you have to handle. Now concentrate on the roller and use a pir of needle nose pliers and guide between tangs. Maybe use a piece of wood with a concave indent in it that just fits the roller and use that to push down on if you can not push with your fingers. Think outside the box. Good luck

If you really want to fix so does not happen again drill a hole through side of clip and through roller and insert a pin. Peen over bothe ends and will never come out again.

Top Bottom