Shed transformation coming

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I thought I would share my intensions of repurposing the shed after retiring from turning items from wood, acrylic, and metal. Attached is a photo taken during the building process. My plan is to take up the vinyl floor covering, and lay down some insulation that should have been done to start with. I want a shelf across the back wall above the A/C unit, to store tubs of stuff I thought I would need in the future.

During my time serving in the Navy, I was stationed aboard the USS Nantahala (AO-60) There was an empty Gear Locker at midship on the aft tank deck. A handful of us Deck Apes made good use of this locker to hang out during down time. I had a stereo I picked up in Spain, complete with a turntable. I also picked up some vinyl albums. The locker had Red lens lights in it for darkening ship, which set a cool mood, to go with our refreshments (if you know what I mean) We hung posters on the bulkheads (walls). This gear locker was around the same dimensions as the shed. I think it will be fun to revisit those days in my shed, although it IS on dry land. I'll search for some posters from the time. Hendrix first, and foremost. Beatles, Stones, Cream.... With todays technology, I'll add video. It's basically going to be a Listening Booth.

This is not going to happen until the weather warms up. I got a shock when I received last months electric bill. I had been in the shed quite a bit, running the heater. But the plan has begun. That cabinet in the corner is gone now, with no plan to replace it right now. I do have some Navy items to put on the wall. Picture of the Nan, Navy Emblem etc.

Any suggestions, comments feel free to post. I'll either update this thread, or start another one. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 1705082745555.png
    1705082745555.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Leather couch, refreshments fridge, coffee machine, reading lights, snack storage containers, bed for dog to join you in thereā€¦..

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
By any chance are you allowed to put a little wood stove in it for heat?
Enjoy the new locker. Drink enough navy rum and the floor will feel like a moving deck. ;)
Yes Pete! In fact I've been looking at some Tiny wood stoves. Since it's only 120 square feet. I have not ruled them out yet. Truck house Life on youtube has a nice one in his camper I think it's a Kimberly. I'm concerned about smoke. Thanks for asking! Don't drink booze anymore, but if I put the shed on springs? šŸ¤Ŗ

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I like the plans Buddy, but darn, the shed looks lonely compared to my last visit... As soon as the weather clears it will be begging for occupants! Be well Amigos.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I like the plans Buddy, but darn, the shed looks lonely compared to my last visit... As soon as the weather clears it will be begging for occupants! Be well Amigos.
It for sure looks different without all the tools. But it will be a nice Chill Zone. You'll have to check it out sometime later. Take care Amigo!

Top Bottom