Salvaged parts from overseas retailers?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

andrewleeheck

Has anyone had any experience/luck with reclaiming parts from cheap Wish.com or Alibaba bulk produced pens? Seems that some have nibs, center bands, clips, etc. that might have some promise. I wouldn't expect to be able to create works of art from them but I wonder if they could be successfully disassembled and reused for lower-grade turned pens?

I ordered some myself just for fun and discovered that the ones I bought did not have/use tubes per se—instead relying on the pen body itself for structure.

Thoughts?

-Andrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Don, who if I may ask. I have some partially assembled pens that need a part. I get my pens from Woodcraft at this time.

its_virgil

Don, who if I may ask. I have some partially assembled pens that need a part. I get my pens from Woodcraft at this time.
Woodcraft sells Berea Hardwoods pen kits but rebrands them. The Wallstreet II is the Sierra, Wallstreet III is the Sierra Vista, the Navigator is the Baron, and so on. I would check with Berea or one of the other Berea resellers. Availability may depend on what kits need parts.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
A SHORT course on pen parts:

To the best of my rather extensive knowledge, all resellers purchase pen kits as kits, in the bag including all parts.
So, when you want a part, I have to destroy a good kit to get it. If you purchased the kit from us, we usually will do that.
MANY kits that come from "copy-cat" Chinese producers do NOT use exactly the same sizes, so they will NOT be compatible
with the "name-brand" kit they copied.

Yes, we CAN have the parts made, with a minimum purchase of a thousand or so. Takes a long time to use 1000 of any one, single part.

Conclusion: "Parts" are not available.
Exception: Brass tubes and some 7mm parts which ARE pretty universal.

FWIW

Top Bottom