Pen Parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Loucurr

I inherited a large quantity of pen making kits and supplies and, in the lot, there are many tubes for various kits. Is there a place/vendor that sell pen kit parts besides slimlines?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Extra Tubes are often purchased separately so that you can:
1. Mess up and not have to reuse the tube
2. Keep some on hand so that if you get an order but don't have enough kits you can get started
3. You get a customer who says, "I like that pen, but this wood/acrylic" which never happens to me, but I am told it can be a problem. 😉

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Tubes are probably the least expensive parts of the kit & I suspect that it would be more hassle than it's worth to sell "tubeless" kits.

Darios

It sounds like you inherited leftover parts from the previous makers's broken kits - ie kits that didn't survive turning and assembling and/or the previous guy just picked up extra tubes because they are just handy to have around.

If it were me (and if they were organized), I'd just keep 'em in a container somewhere as you never know when you might need a spare.

jttheclockman

Can't find anything anywhere 🤔
Maybe I am not understanding what you are looking for. Can you be more specific? If it is tubes than yes all vendors sell tubes for the kits they sell. Some vendors sell generic 10 or 12" long tubes in various sizes where you cut to size. If it specific parts for kits than no one does that. There are a few who will sell clips and trannys and some center bands but not much. It just would not make sense to do that Wayyyyyyyyyy too many kits out there.

jrista

I inherited a large quantity of pen making kits and supplies and, in the lot, there are many tubes for various kits. Is there a place/vendor that sell pen kit parts besides slimlines?
If I understand you right, you are looking for parts, NOT tubes. If you are looking for anyone selling parts without tubes, then I think you are out of luck. My local woodcraft has a "free pen parts" box, where discarded parts from kits that were incomplete end up. Most of the parts are slimline. Most of them are damaged. Its not the most useful box. :p

Most sellers sell tubes. You can buy tubes for specific kits, or you can buy 8-10" long tubes of common sizes (i.e. 10.5mm and 12.5mm) so you can cut your own (its a bit cheaper that way.) But for PARTS, rather than tubes, I don't think you are going to find them without tubes included, I'm afraid.

d_bondi

everything except the tubes

I don't think you are going to find everything for a kit except for the tubes. Those tubes were likely purchased as extras in case of a blowout during turning or some other reason.

egnald

As Hans (hewunch) already posted, many of us buy spare tubes so it is not unreasonable to have a bunch of tubes for a bunch of kits without the other parts.

Vendors typically only sell complete kits - tubes included. It sounds like you need everything except for the tubes. Tubes are the cheap parts and as Hans stated can be very useful if you have a blank that blows up after the tube has already been glued in or if you turn a blank and then decide you don't really like it for some reason - it is cracked or you don't like the color, or you forgot to paint the inside of the blank and the tube is showing through, etc. That's when the extra, spare tubes come in handy.

Dave

Loucurr

Thanks everyone for the input...this guy bought an awful lot of tubes, so I hope he wasn't blowing that many out 😆

hokie

A few of the parts of cigar pens are sold on penkitsmall.com...
1710971011156.png

1710971055076.png

1710971108763.png

1710971179942.png

Bean_Counter

Thanks everyone for the input...this guy bought an awful lot of tubes, so I hope he wasn't blowing that many out 😆
Hey Lou I bet he was casting I tend to buy a lot to do that. If you want to sell the tubes and are positive that they are cigars I'd be interested in them

Top Bottom