Pen for Nurses/Waitresses

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Madman1978

I haven't seen one but it doesn't mean they do not exist. I am Looking for a kit that can't be stolen and such and that is still easy to reach.
Any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I haven't seen one but it doesn't mean they do not exist. I am Looking for a kit that can't be stolen and such and that is still easy to reach.
Any ideas?
For a pen that can't be stolen, you'll have to use the age old gas station trick and log chain it to a steel rim.

Last edited:

KenB259

Berea hardwoods carries this medical care pen. I have never made one, so I can't comment on it, other than it exists.

Attachments

• IMG_4266.jpeg
    IMG_4266.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 45

1080Wayne

The approach I use when giving or selling a pen to someone who can easily lose it in their workplace , is to emphasize to them the importance of introducing their pen to fellow employees . It may need to be done several times because of shift changes and new employees . If they know the pen and what it means to the owner , it has a much better chance of being returned if lost , and a lesser chance of being stolen .

Darios

McKenzie Liberty click (the are out of the coyote click right now) and have the person's name engraved on the clip.

Then make (or promise to make) two extra. Won't keep it from getting stolen but will keep them in pens for quite a while

Curly

Lanyards or reels that tie the pen to the nurse are dangerous. If a patient grabs it the nurse can't get out of the way and may get hurt, as in hit. Patient can even strangle them with it. Let them buy the cheap store bought pen they prefer to use and make them a nice pen to use at home. Hate to be a bummer but my wife is a nurse.

montmill

This pen is similar to one a nurse I had used. It was easy for her to grab it out of her scrubs due to the extended push clicker. However she said they disappear quickly. The one she had was an advertising piece by a medical company. I'm thinking of only giving desk pens as has been mentioned. Something the physician or nurse can use at their station and hopefully get a little lift in spirits when using. I gave one to a very busy orthopedic surgeon and he called me to thank me. It was worth it.
Berea hardwoods carries this medical care pen. I have never made one, so I can't comment on it, other than it exists

Madman1978

McKenzie Liberty click (the are out of the coyote click right now) and have the person's name engraved on the clip.

Then make (or promise to make) two extra. Won't keep it from getting stolen but will keep them in pens for quite a while
Yeah, I don't like this kit.

Madman1978

Lanyards or reels that tie the pen to the nurse are dangerous. If a patient grabs it the nurse can't get out of the way and may get hurt, as in hit. Patient can even strangle them with it. Let them buy the cheap store bought pen they prefer to use and make them a nice pen to use at home. Hate to be a bummer but my wife is a nurse.
They do make breakaway lanyards.

One issue I have overall is how can I not use the clip and have the pen directly on the lanyard while using the finial to attach the pen to the lanyard.

All roadblocks can be conquered.

jttheclockman

They do make breakaway lanyards.

One issue I have overall is how can I not use the clip and have the pen directly on the lanyard while using the finial to attach the pen to the lanyard.

All roadblocks can be conquered.
You are not doing your homework. If you want to include a lanyard there are many styles. Some wrap around the pen, some attach to clip, some are magnetic. Or talk to one of these pen making vendors to design something for you. Maybe start a trend. I doubt they would be popular. Pens have clips on them for a reason and if a person wants to keep their pen from being stollen then do not lend it out or lay it down. keep clipped to their pocket or shirt. Been done this way for years.

hertzogcraig

Having made pens for my wife who is a nurse, I can speak first hand, they want click pens and I know very few if any would be interested in a lanyard to hold a pen. I agree with Curly, even a break away, can be dangerous and not to mention, it's just one more thing to gather biohazards.

Woodchipper

FWIW, as lanyards were mentioned, I have one that had a plastic link that can be separated. However, there is still the idea of the lanyard being wrapped around one's neck. I know of a nurse who had a patient grab her throat. She couldn't holler but a nurse happened by and helped get the patient's hands unwrapped from the throat. Germs aren't the only threat to healtcare workers.

Top Bottom