OT: Word and Excel Sudden Issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

donstephan

This evening I am having every few minutes to click "repair" Word Office 2019 and Excel Office 2019, and of course work since the last save is gone. This has never happened before. I started saving work in progress every couple minutes, but that is tedious. When working in the programs the top of the screen reads Word, or Excel, "unlicensed product." The HP notebook with Microsoft Office was purchased new from the Cincinnati Microcenter store an unknown nuimber of years ago. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

Your word and excel package may be obsolete. Microsoft has gone to a yearly subscription model for the Word suite. They want more money, because, as you know, Bill Gates is not rich enough.

carlmorrell

I stopped making Gates richer, and switched to openoffice. It's free and contains decent software. Word and Excel clones
Screenshot 2024-03-12 103658.png

d_bondi

For $100/yr for 5 family account installs and 1TB each of storage, O365 is worth it to us instead of the desktop install.
And if you really only need a single user, Microsoft 365 Personal is $70/year with the 1TB storage and you can use it on up to 5 devices at the same time. And it is cross platform compatible. I have it on my MacBook Pro, iPhone, iPad, Windows Laptop, etc...

Darios

The HP notebook with Microsoft Office was purchased new from the Cincinnati Microcenter store an unknown nuimber of years ago. Has anyone encountered this problem?
Without looking at the system itself, my first guess is that you had 3 year license bundled with the purchase of the laptop.

Throw my +1 in for O365.

Sylvanite

If you're ok buying gray-market, you can get a lifetime license for MS Office Pro Plus2019 for under $30.00, or MS Office Pro Plus 2021 for under $45.00 from StackSocial. If you're willing to buy from a less reputable source, MS Office Pro Plus 2021 less than $30.00 or 5 licenses for under $80.00 (with coupon code EEGD62) from GoDeal24.

Either way, the seller sends you the license code(s) and you have to download the software directly from MicroSoft.

MS Office Pro Plus 2021 includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Access, and Teams. 2019 does not include Teams.

Sylvanite

If you're ok buying gray-market, you can get a lifetime license for MS Office Pro Plus2019 for under $30.00, or MS Office Pro Plus 2021 for under $45.00 from StackSocial. If you're willing to buy from a less reputable source, MS Office Pro Plus 2021 less than $30.00 or 5 licenses for under $80.00 (with coupon code EEGD62) from GoDeal24.

Either way, the seller sends you the license code(s) and you have to download the software directly from MicroSoft.

MS Office Pro Plus 2021 includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Access, and Teams. 2019 does not include Teams.
For two days (40 hours) you can get MS Office Pro Plus 2021 (for windows) lifetime license key for $20.70 at Groupon.

Top Bottom