OK ALL, CROSSWORD 2011 ROUND TWO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

For Jim15, his signature block shows Cincinnati, Ohio. So I did google maps for Faifield; found Fairfield near Cincinnati, and his name fit so....

Now we wait for Mr. Landon to grade our papers. :biggrin:
Thanks Landon and Curtis for your time and talents to the bash.

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
While the printed clue says "Fairfield", I do believe the interactive puzzle correctly matched the "Faifield" as posted in Jim's info. What would a contest be without a little controversy. It will be ok, I will disregard any incorrect answers on that particular one. If there is anyone out there who can HONESTLY say that was the only one they did not get so no answer was submitted, NOW would be the time to PM me about it. This is not life or death, we will sort it out and the Bash will go on. No worries. I'll be back on tonight with more details as needed.

Landon

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Sorry guys for the trouble on Faifield! When I originally created the puzzle, I typed the clue as Fairfield and then created the pdf version. Before we published it, I worked though the puzzle using the search here at IAP and low and behold, when I typed in Fairfield in the location box, a number of folks came up but not Jim. I then took a closer look and noticed the typo so I changed the online version to reflect what would be searchable but forgot to change the printed version.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Its all good, you have done so much to help me with this. I appreciate it. I did not actually even know it was a mistake. I completed the puzzle without ever printing it out so I just assumed Faifield was the real name if the town. I'm going to give it a little bit more time for any members to notify me if they are HONESTLY:wink: convinced that the only reason they did not submit their puzzle is because of not getting this ONE answer. Other than that I have already privately discussed it with those who contacted me and I have acted accordingly and will draw a winner soon. Thanks again to everyone involved. Unless I see a flood of new requests for consideration, the mistake has had a minimal impact. Most just used the online version I think, which made it a non issue. To the ones who printed it, OOOPS!! "Stuff happens" it will all work out at the end of the day and 100 years from now I'll bet no one cares about it anymore.:devil::eek::biggrin: Be watching for the winner later this evening.

markgum

WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!! :drink: :highfive:
so guess this means I will be leaving the "loser's" club.:frown:

THANKS to Landon and Curtis for the fun. Thanks to everyone who participated. This is a great family and I'm proud to be a part of it.

HAVE A GREAT "TURN'N" Birthday IAP. :party: :cake:

Top Bottom