My new coffee table

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brandy

Brandy

Finally finished my coffee table. It's the first one I've made and I think it's not too bad!

Attachments

• IMG_3598.jpeg
    IMG_3598.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3594.jpeg
    IMG_3594.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3597.jpeg
    IMG_3597.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 130
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BoonareeBurl

LOL! I can't claim that! It took me more than a month
It's amazing, no matter how long it took or whether it's your first ever or first this year.

Hope you make some very fine gourmet coffee to enjoy on it. But use coasters. Please use coasters!

G

Velcrodog

Finally finished my coffee table. It's the first one I've made and I think it's not too bad!
I just bought a walnut slab that looks similar. What dimensions is it? Did you have to sand or plane the top/bottom? It looks great. Hope mine turns out as well!

Brandy

I just bought a walnut slab that looks similar. What dimensions is it? Did you have to sand or plane the top/bottom? It looks great. Hope mine turns out as well!
I'd have to measure it to get you exact dimensions but it's about 4 feet long and I think 18" at the widest part? Sorry, I'll have to pop out to the shop and grab a tape measure tomorrow.

I got it from a sawmill and so I had to get my dad to run it through his giant sander (we had to cut one end a down a tad to make it fit). I may redo the finish. I used walrus oil and wax but it's not holding up terribly well.

Velcrodog

I'd have to measure it to get you exact dimensions but it's about 4 feet long and I think 18" at the widest part? Sorry, I'll have to pop out to the shop and grab a tape measure tomorrow.

I got it from a sawmill and so I had to get my dad to run it through his giant sander (we had to cut one end a down a tad to make it fit). I may redo the finish. I used walrus oil and wax but it's not holding up terribly well.
Thanks for the info. I got mine from a guy who cuts up logs people give him. I'll look at tomorrow and see if I need to plane it. I have a friend who does this for a living, he said Tung oil is great for these things but I have not used it. Possibly some the pros on the forum might weigh in on the finishing angle.

Top Bottom