Hello from New Jersey!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi all,
Mike (aka Woodbeard) here, coming to you from New Jersey! Happy to join, after coming here a bunch for information as I started my journey. I've been making some pens for a year or so now, and figured that it was time to make an account 😂 I'll post some pics of some of the pens I've made thus far, but I almost exclusively use rare/exotic woods for my pen turning. I also make boxes, mostly for polyhedral dice sets for DnD.

One thing I really want to delve into is making Trustone blanks. I haven't made a pen blank yet from resin, though I've cast dice sets, so I know the general jist of it. I want to level that up, though, and make something more than just a resin blank, thus my pursuit of making Trustone. Of course, I also want to level up my pen turning, so I'm excited to read what everyone has said! Thanks for having me 😃

-Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Welcome from Utah.
I'd love to see pics of some of your die boxes.
Thank you! Here's one that I really enjoyed making- it's old growth Redwood Lace Burl
Redwood Lace Burl.JPG

WOW, that is incredible!
What beautiful wood and such craftsmanship.
Is it cut and shaped from a single piece and then the inside hollowed/routed out?
Thank you so much! Yep, all of my boxes and pens are made out of the same single piece of wood so that the grain matches from top to bottom
😃

Top Bottom