Hello from Munich, Germany

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brainick

Hello everybody!

I am Ahmet. I have been living in Munich, Germany with my family for about 2,5 years. Originally, I am from Turkey, Istanbul.

For about a year I have been interested in wood turning. I am trying to make niche shaving brushes and sell them online at Etsy under the brand name "Skaban". At some point, I saw some videos about urushi fountain pens and I love it. I am trying to apply urushi lacquer to my shaving brushes in terms of waterproofness but urushi is another world of craftsmanship and the learning curve is long.

Recently, I decided to try to turn some pens. I ordered some pen kits and made some gifts for friends. Then, I discovered bespoke/kitless pens. In my opinion, this is quite different than turning and assembling pen kits. Needed tools for making them costs a lot. I ordered some tools (single lead tap and dies (from China), Bock 6 thread tap, tailstock holders, pen blanks, drill bits, collet chucks, mandrels etc.) and tried to make one kitless pen. For the first try, I am thankful to made a complete pen at least. Of course, it is under my expectations, but it is ok for the first one. The hardest part was the section and I believe I scrapped one Bock nib during making a section. I am not sure where I made a mistake but I will figure out soon.

You can see my first kitless pen made with some leftover acrylic material. Hope I will turn better ones in the future.

I learned a lot from Bob's videos under his channel named "RJBWoodTurner", I would like to thank him if he is around.

Wish everyone a good weekend...

WhatsApp Görsel 2024-05-11 saat 15.48.59_a22b381e.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom