Greetings Earthlings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott H.

Just checking in from Chicago.

Heading to Hoffman Estates (work permitting) either 4/19 or 4/20.

Hoping to see you there!

Happy tuning!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
As an aside, i am not looking to take over your planet. I am searching for the secrets of turning this mystical material - acrylic…..

The bane of my existence.
Good luck! Earthlings are controlled by... I can't say. But turning a 'mystical material (acrylic)' has a learning curve, but it is well worth the effort! Welcome to earth, from .... I won't disclose! Have FUN!

howsitwork

Welcome along

First you must discover an entirely new vocabulary starting with ### !! , continuing with 🤬🤬 and then you need a dog to help you wind down and comfort you in your angst!

After that , coffee ( and therapy ) can help but it's a rewarding ( ? ) journey

Lew

Welcome from Texas (might be a part of earth, but not sure. We're kind of different.) You'll find all kinds of advice and tips here on this site.

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to the IAP community. My best advise on solving the mystery is to start with Alumilite blanks. Then before you get all the way up the ladder to Inlace Acrylester make a stop at Rhino Plastic blanks which are harder than Alumilite but not as difficult as Inlace. There are of course a whole host of brand name plastic blanks in between, but I don't have much experience with any other than the three in this post. - Dave

howsitwork

Gudday mate. Acrylic is fun, sharp tools and take your time, micro mesh and polish gives it's own reward.
Acrylic is "fun" in the same way banging your head off a wall repeatedly is fun when you stop ! The results can be stunning but the journeys a pain

but you're totally right that sharp tools and lots of time and polish give a great result, some / most of the time

Top Bottom