Catastrophe in the shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lew

The middle of last week my wife turned on the water supply line that feeds one of the hose bibs at the house and also goes out to my shop. Most of the line is pvc pipe just running along the wall of the house. Even with insulation around it, It has frozen and broken before and I had to replace it, so I put in a drain to empty the line and we turn the water off in the winter. When she turned the water back on, she turned off the outside faucet at the shop that I leave open to try to prevent water freezing and bursting the line but not the one in the sink in the shop. All would have been fine, but for some reason the drain line came loose under the sink. I did not do the plumbing on the sink, so I don't know how well it was installed. I'll see.

When I went into the shop 2 days later to work on finishing a pen, there was about 1 inch of water standing. I vacuumed it up and rented a large blower fan. Had it running for two days and the surface looks much better, but I know that there is still water in the floor. The problem is that the floor is made of unfinished USB and I don't know what grade. Since it's flooring I'm hoping whoever installed it used grade 3 or 4 and that it's not degraded enough to ruin it completely. I'll see in a few weeks. I would hate to have to tear all that out and replace it.

I wasn't able to finish the pen yet.

Top Bottom