Can't believe it has been almost ten years

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

It was at the 2014 AAW Symposium in Phoenix that I was first approached by Andi Sullivan to start the Blind Turning Project at the Arizona Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired. I'm not sure, but we may be the only Blind Turning Project still in existence. It is still one of the most rewarding things I have ever done in my life!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

George883

It was at the 2014 AAW Symposium in Phoenix that I was first approached by Andi Sullivan to start the Blind Turning Project at the Arizona Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired. I'm not sure, but we may be the only Blind Turning Project still in existence. It is still one of the most rewarding things I have ever done in my life!
Congratulations, you have an awesome program and the results are incredible.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Congratulations Sharon! Is there anything the members can donate to assist in your ongoing efforts?

sbwertz

We could use some pizza cutter kits. They are very popular. I used the last pizza wheel today and am almost out of ice cream scoop kits. We have loads of pen kits...Mark sent us a huge box. We have plenty of wood. I have a tame tree trimmer who keeps me in pretty wood! I still have three of the garden tool sets. If anyone has any flashlight kits, they are very much in demand and no one seems to be making them any more. I'm out of the barbecue sets. You have no idea how much it means to these people to be able to make a gift for someone that they will really like and use! They are already making Christmas gifts! After a while, they want to make something besides pens! I only have two penn state vintage peppermill kits left. They are very easy for the blind turners to make because the mill just mounts on top of a simple turned blank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom