An older one I freshened up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hippie3180

Hippie3180

This is a pen that I turned awhile back, but the image wasn't great so I gave it a refresh. This is a Turntpen Co blank called Bog Monster. A beautiful blue and white gold blank.

IMG_1358.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That is a beautiful pen and blank. I am not familiar with 'Turntpen co'. I love the closed end - very nice and well done. Your profile for this pen is excellent. Many times I just don't like the extreme edges, but yours flows nicely. Very nice work.

Hippie3180

Thank you Mark, Tim is a school teacher, pen maker, blank maker out of New York. He offers a vast array of Alumilite blanks all are fantastic. I could easily go "kid in a candy store" on them, but started casting my own as buying them at $15 + dollars a blank eats into my profit margin substantially. 😂

d_bondi

Lovely Pen!
I have a Bog Monster blanks waiting to be turned. I am pretty sure I purchased it (along with I won't say how many others) from Turnt Pen Co shortly after you first posted pictures of this pen or one like it. Have you turned his Absinthe Abalone blank? So far, my favorite.

Hippie3180

Lovely Pen!
I have a Bog Monster blanks waiting to be turned. I am pretty sure I purchased it (along with I won't say how many others) from Turnt Pen Co shortly after you first posted pictures of this pen or one like it. Have you turned his Absinthe Abalone blank? So far, my favorite.
Thank you, I have not turned Absinthe Abalone, I had to taper off buying blanks $$, but all of his are SO good, you can't go wrong.

howsitwork

I love the flow of that one . Is there a picture of is assembled anywhere so you can see " complete lines" of it ? If not , any chance of adding one on here ?

Thanks

Hippie3180

I love the flow of that one . Is there a picture of is assembled anywhere so you can see " complete lines" of it ? If not , any chance of adding one on here ?

Thanks
I will try to get a capped image probably later today and I will post in this thread. This pen is a longer pen, definitely a desk pen. One of my very first pens good enough to sell, but before I adjusted the size a bit.

NJturner

Thank you Mark, Tim is a school teacher, pen maker, blank maker out of New York. He offers a vast array of Alumilite blanks all are fantastic. I could easily go "kid in a candy store" on them, but started casting my own as buying them at $15 + dollars a blank eats into my profit margin substantially. 😂
Nice Pen! One of the places you might be able to get to know Tim and some of his other penmakers is via the podcast 'As the Pen Turns'. They do an interview podcast every other one. Tim was highlighted on Episode #20. They have interviewed lots of pen makers over the 3 years or so the podcast has been going. The podcat covers everything from pen making to preparing for selling your work. Worth a listen! https://www.thepenturns.com/episodes

Kevin S.

derekdd

I really liked this one when you first turned it.

Went to your site. Good start! We use Squarespace, also and have been very happy with it. Are you doing anything to drive people to your site?

Here's ours. Hard to keep up with inventory as sales churn the numbers.

Bigdogwoodcrafts.squarespace.com

Hippie3180

Nice Pen! One of the places you might be able to get to know Tim and some of his other penmakers is via the podcast 'As the Pen Turns'. They do an interview podcast every other one. Tim was highlighted on Episode #20. They have interviewed lots of pen makers over the 3 years or so the podcast has been going. The podcat covers everything from pen making to preparing for selling your work. Worth a listen! https://www.thepenturns.com/episodes

Kevin S.
Yes! I listen to the podcast here and there and kind of know who Tim is, we're not bffs, but acquaintances.

Hippie3180

I really liked this one when you first turned it.

Went to your site. Good start! We use Squarespace, also and have been very happy with it. Are you doing anything to drive people to your site?

Here's ours. Hard to keep up with inventory as sales churn the numbers.

Bigdogwoodcrafts.squarespace.com
It's a bit empty right now, we're in between pen drops, getting ready for a small one.

Just the usual tags etc. Instagram posts, Instagram posts utilizing our link, etc.

I'm going to take a gander at your website. I like Squarespace accept for the always wanting us to upgrade.

derekdd

It's a bit empty right now, we're in between pen drops, getting ready for a small one.

Just the usual tags etc. Instagram posts, Instagram posts utilizing our link, etc.

I'm going to take a gander at your website. I like Squarespace accept for the always wanting us to upgrade.
Yeah, they're all like that.

I wish you luck with your estore!

Top Bottom