2015 Bash Rules Review - Ugly Pen Contest & Trash Talking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Scott sent me his rules for the Ugly Pen Contest via email. Here they are for review. Please review and comment.

Attachments

• The Ugly Pen Contest 2015.doc
    29 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

Thanks Ed.
Here are some examples of what has been entered in the past.

1_2_Ugly.JPG
1_loathsome_cholla_pen_005.jpg
1_ed_s_crap.JPG
1_ugly_pen_700px.jpg

Scott

You guys are too easy! But I'll take it! ;-)

Since time is growing short, I need some advice. There's not much to the rules for the trash talking. I usually just add a little thing to the Ugly Pen rules with a link to the Trash Talking. But I can do separate rules for the Trash Talking. What do you think?

Scott.

mbroberg

I think that a little explanation about the Trash Talking and a link to the Trash Talking Thread would cover it.

Please go ahead and post your rules in the Rules Review Forum for public review.

Scott

I am away from home until next week, with only my iPad, which is not where I have documents stored. So I really am not able to post these over. If you could handle it for me, I'd appreciate it. So, for the Trash Talking contest, I would add something like this:

In addition to all the excitement of a wonderful Ugly Pen Contest, we are also running an astonishing side contest some of you might remember, called the Trash Talking Contest! It is simply a place to comment on all the Ugly Pen Contest entries, and the best comment wins a prize! So follow the link below to the Trash Talking Contest, and fill it up with your best comments. There is no limit, and the primary rule is not to be too overtly offensive, profane or disgusting. Remember, this is a family site! Extra consideration will be given to inventive and funny comments. Now go to it!

How's that?

Scott.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Are we going to post these for review or just run with it when the time comes. We have about a week left for public review.

Last edited:

mbroberg

I will post them for public review. Just need some uninterrupted time. Should be able to get it tonight.

mbroberg

Well, This is not a real serious contest so my opinion, FWIW, is if it is ugly, it is eligible whether it has been shown before or not.

Edit In:

It just hit me as to why you asked.........:eek:

Last edited:

Scott

This one kind of takes care of itself. If you enter a pen that has been done before, then it's just the same old thing, and probably won't have as much of a chance to win.

Scott.

Top Bottom