Finished these up a few days ago...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Had alot going on these past few days so I'm just now able to post these. I decided I wanted to try out the new Atrax components after seeing so many on here. They really are nice. Very simple, but stylish. There's alot of pics so sorry if there's any long loading times. However, thanks for looking!

First however isn't an Atrax, it's an Aero from a leftover piece from another project I did. The blank is mine and I reverse painted it first with a light blue, and then over that with black:

DSC00979597x700.jpg
DSC00980573x700.jpg
DSC00982643x700.jpg
DSC00984644x700.jpg

Next is an Atrax Rollerball made with a Vintage Blue blank. I reverse painted this a nice medium blue:

DSC00967523x700.jpg
DSC00970516x700.jpg
DSC00972620x700.jpg
DSC00974554x700.jpg
DSC00973661x700.jpg

This one is the Atrax Ballpoint in a Vintage Orange blank. I reverse painted this one black. I like it, but next time I think I'll use something else like a dark red or orange:

DSC00985553x700.jpg
DSC00991652x700.jpg
DSC00992700x617.jpg

Lastly is another Atrax Ballpoint in a Vintage Taupe blank. This time the black reverse paint really worked well:

DSC00994584x700.jpg
DSC00999665x7002.jpg
DSC00995644x700.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

Stunning as always Brooks. I love the Atrax series pens. Nice clean lines and no black plastic. I quit making cigar style pens and went to the Atrax ballpoint. Of course my blanks are not quite as nice as yours. I think you have an unfair advantage over all of us in that aspect!!! Great job again.

Dave

Brooks803

That and organizing your rods... You've been busy.

Thanks Hans, I already had these done and photographed a few days ago. Thanks to Shea's laptop I was able to get them posted. The rods I just had to get off the floor! I almost tripped on them today AFTER already throwing my back out...I gotta be careful! :eek:

bluwolf

I thought I'd like the blue. But it's the taupe that does it for me. And I think the orange looks better a little darker as opposed to bright orange. Doesn't matter, they all look nice.

Mike

ToddMR

The kits are nice, but man your blanks always make them way nicer. I like them all. You do such a good job on the blanks the pens look great!

brownsfn2

Really like how the taupe turned out. I really wish I would have painted the taupe ones I did black now. Looks much better than the dark brown I chose. (Not sure what I was thinking.)

Blanks are really nice though. Great photography as well! :)

wizard

Jonathon, Whenever people post more than one pen..my eye always tries to pick a favorite...but you drive me nuts..because they all look STUNNING and I can't pick just one. All great! Beautiful photos.
Jonathon, Sorry about your back...I really hope you feel better. Do what your wife tells you to do...or you might not make it to your next anniversary.:wink:
Regards,
Doc

Robert111

Great looking pens. I have not heard of an Atrax pen. Where do they come from?

Jonathan, those are all beautiful, but I especially like the orange.

I have a big collection of Brooks blanks on the shelf and have only used a couple because I never know what color(s) to use in reverse painting. This gives me an opportunity to ask. Can you let us in on your thinking when it comes to color for reverse painting???? What goes into your decision???

Brooks803

Love the Orange!!
What paints are you using for the blank painting? I've been using aerosols, but there isn't many colours in the satin finish!!

Thanks Phil! I'm using Delta's Ceramcoat Acrylic paints.

Great looking pens. I have not heard of an Atrax pen. Where do they come from?

Jonathan, those are all beautiful, but I especially like the orange.

I have a big collection of Brooks blanks on the shelf and have only used a couple because I never know what color(s) to use in reverse painting. This gives me an opportunity to ask. Can you let us in on your thinking when it comes to color for reverse painting???? What goes into your decision???

Thanks! The Atrax kits you can get from many venders: Beartoothwoods, exotic blanks, Berea hardwoods are the ones I can think of right now.

Robert, lately I've been sticking with black for pretty much everything. For me it coats the best and looks good with just about any blank. If I'm not using black I use a color matching the blank, but I use a DARK shade of it. The lighter colors need several coats to give the proper opacity to hide the brass. Using a darker shade will give the same effect as black, only it won't change the overall look of the blank. Take the orange pen in this post for example. Yeah it looks good with the black paint, you can really see it in some spots. If I were to use a dark orange or red paint it would give it more of a flame effect with the red changing some of the blanks natural orange to a reddish tint. Hope that helps some, if you want to discuss it some more send me a PM and we can exchange #'s. It's alot easier for me to talk it out than write it out.

Top Bottom