What did I do to deserve THIS?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

While I enjoyed following much of this year's bash activities I, like most of you, managed to maintain my standing in the LOSER's club. :frown:

One of the events I followed with some interest, being that I'm from Maine, was the Herbie auction. A little over a year ago I had received a notification from the Maine woodturners that we were invited to gather on a Saturday for an opportunity to purchase some of the wood from Herbie. Christian Becksvoort contributing editor of Fine Woodworking was going to be handling the sale. I wanted to go for an opportunity to meet him and to get some of that historic tree! Unfortunately life got in the way as I had family things to deal with that weekend. :rolleyes:

So ... as I'm spending the evening reading various Bash threads and minding my own business .... I get a PM from Ernie (EBorraga here on IAP)

Ernie amomng other things asked for my mailing address ... said he wanted to send me something. Well, I replied back but didn't give him my address. Got another PM asking again. (he was really twisting my arm HARD!) :biggrin:

Today when I checked my mail ... there was an envelope with a VERY NICE Herbie wood pen blank!!! :):biggrin::):)

Guys like Ernie, Dan who donated the Herbie wood for the auction and other the winning bidders like Smitty and Jennifer, really make this a great site!

Like I said "I don't know what I ever did to you Ernie,:biggrin: but there will be payback" ! :wink::)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

It's stories like these and members like those you have mentioned above that make me really glad to be a part of this community. That is also why it always feels so good to be part of the giving around here - people like YOU who are always so appreciative for what comes your way. You are very deserving of your package Lenny, hope you enjoy it! Nice job Ernie - you put a smile on more than one face with that treat :)

PenMan1

Lenny:
It is stuff like your story that makes this such a great place. I have only met 15-20 IAP members in person (all teriffic people), but I feel like I know each of you personally.

When anyone here has trouble, sorrow or needs help, I feel as stongly for you folks as I do other friends and family.

I can't wait to see something spectacular from "Herbie"

Jgrden

Lenny: Methinks it is you and your pleasant, non-confrontational personality that attracts attention.
You deserve all good things that happen to you.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Like I told you Lenny. That piece of wood didn't like my Wicked Chickens. Herbie kept pleading to go back home. He said there were to many Hillbilly's around here. So one of the best places I could think of was your house. Now Herbie's brother and sister are on a voyage as well. Right now they are the way to their new home. Only a couple people know their wherabouts. But I think we'll will all find out soon enough where they went to.:wink:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy,
What a great gesture Ernie, I've always said that Kentucky had the best folks and shine going.

Phil I had some Apple Pie Shine over the weekend. That stuff has pretty darn good. To bad I can't ship you some.

Top Bottom