Visitors in the shed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Eddie123

Hi all.

After having been away from home for a couple of week, I return to my shed, to do some turning, only to realise that I have had visitors.

My shed is in a little bit of a mess, bottles are scattered on the floor, and it quickly becomes obvious what has caused the mess: Mice !

And this is the strangest part. They have bitten holes in 4 different bottles of super glue, and one bottle of BLO..... There was no traces of the oil, but there was a mess with the glue.

So, now, actually, I hope there is a bunch of mice somewhere, stuck to the wall, or something...... :)

Vegard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Vegard, you are lucky you do not live here in the good ol' USA or you would be charged with animal cruelity for tempting those poor mice with the CA and getting them all stuck to the wall or floor.:):biggrin::biggrin::rolleyes: ROTFLMAO

I'm just glad mice were the only visitors you had. By the title I feared worse than that. Buy more CA, traps peanutbutter and start making dust.
Charles

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
OOPS

Vegard, you are lucky you do not live here in the good ol' USA or you would be charged with animal cruelity for tempting those poor mice with the CA and getting them all stuck to the wall or floor.:):biggrin::biggrin::rolleyes: ROTFLMAO

I'm just glad mice were the only visitors you had. By the title I feared worse than that. Buy more CA, traps peanutbutter and start making dust.
Charles

Don't speak too soon...there are those in the USA who would be pretty quick to level charges....

Padre

Patent and sell the "new improved" mouse traps! For $19.99 you can get the latest CA mouse trap, and if you act in the next fifteen minutes, we'll DOUBLE our offer!

PenMan1

Technical question: how do you cast a mouse in PR that has already been "treated and stabalized" in BLO/CA? Will you get shiney spots:)?

Good job!

Vegard,
Don't let them get to you....the mice I mean... they're probably looking for a nice warm bed for the winter and knew the CA would warm them up as it cured...:biggrin::biggrin:

I had a similar incident the other day... I have my dust collector in a separate shed attached to the end of the shop, then piped through the wall. I can switch it on from inside the shop so I don't go out to the shed often... last week I had occasion to step around the end of the shop and noticed what I thought at first was smoke from the DC shed... turned out to be a huge cloud of dust... some critter, maybe a mouse or chipmonk or something similar had climbed the side of my DC and shredded my 1 micron felt bag to line their nest that they were building on the floor of the shed.... they had also stocked the area under the DC cart with acorns...

Last year I had my lathe head stock open for a couple of days and didn't go to the shop.... it was full of acorns when I went back and so was my little Ryobi bandsaw that was on the lower shelf of the stand I use for it and my miter saw.

If the 3 ft black snake that lives under my shop was doing his job.....

Top Bottom