PSI Executive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

First go round at making the Executive kit from PSI. I am looking for something easier to make than cigar pens that can still display a cigar label. Not sure I like these, or the kits. Although they went together easily and the transmission seems to be of decent quality (so far). Appreciate any feed back on what you think about them in general. I'm kinda 50/50 on them. They don't really jump out at you, but I guess some pens just don't. reposted a pic of a broadwell twist I recently made. Which do you like best?

Attachments

• IMG_0357.JPG
    IMG_0357.JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 391
  • penturners post 2.jpg
    penturners post 2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 323
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BKelley

The PSI Excutive is one of my favorites. It is almost a dead ringer for one of the $200 -$300 Parker Duo Folds. It is easely made and lends its self well to both wood and arcylics. Your Broadwell Twist is beautiful

Muggsy1776

I recently started making the PSI Executive and I really like it- it has become one of my favorites. I have found that a couple of the kits have tips that are crooked. Hard to see until I rotated the pen and you can see that it wobbles. I think the inside was drilled off center, I've taken the tip apart and re-assembled it but that doesnt fix the problem.

Your pens looked nice- I like them. I think the Broadwell looks better only because of the color.

CREID

just a question here, not a comment either way.I am thinking of making a pen with a cigar band and was wondering which would look better, putting the band under or behind the clip or on the other side of the pen?
Thanx
Curt

mrburls

Peter, I definately like the Broadwell with your cigar band. Been thinking of trying a Broadwell but not sure what type of material to use with it. I think the cigar band really inproves the look of the Broadwell.:good::good:

Keith "mrburls"

aggromere

Curt, I have tried both ways. If it is a two tube pen, my customers think a fully exposed band on the lower tube is best. that's the only way I make them now.

On the single tube pens some have room to fully expose the band, others can go partially under the clip. The idea is to show as much of the band as possible, at least to me. I tried a little something different with the Executives. I have the clip just sligthly over the op edge of the band, but they do look off center. I might move the band up a little on the next batch.

I like the broadwell too. I never like the two pieces, always felt very top heavy. That one is Alt Ivory with a cigar band decal on it.

Wildman

JMO, not sure like either kit, although turning, fit and finish is outstanding on both. Would like to see entire band exposed, clip detracts from overall appeal.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
like Exec

I would like the Exec better with the cigar band located farther up under the clip...just looks to me like an afterthought where it is.

Top Bottom