A few casting from this week

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penl8the

Hi All,

I will be turning these and post the pen pictures later.

Thanks for looking.

As usual comments are welcome.

cimg0987gimp.jpg

Pic #1 (left) Canadian flag waterslide decal was "transferred" by Les (rdabpenman) during our 2nd Annual Western Canada Pen Turner Conference in Calgary (in my garage on July 28/10) and was cast by me.

Pic #1 (right) The tube was spray painted with Krylon metalic silver, the features are from the back of a Lady Amherst pheasant, and hook is a size 18 barbless dry fly.

cimg0989gimp.jpg

Pic #2 (left) The tube was spray painted with Krylon metalic silver, the golden/orange features are from a Lady Amherst pheasant tippets, and accented by a small brilliant emerald feather from the neck of a Lady Amherst.

Pic #2 (right) The tube was spray painted with Krylon metalic silver, the feathers are from a chartreuse Ringneck Pheasant (chartreuse? yes, that is what to package says ).

cimg0991gimp.jpg

Pic #3 (left) The tube was spray painted with Krylon glossy black, the feathers are from a chartreuse Ringneck Pheasant. The blank is fully covered.

Pic #3 (right) The tube was not painted, same feathers, but the bottom is skirted with feathers under the wing from the same bird. This blank is fully covered.

cimg0993gimp.jpg

Pic #4 (left) The tube was not painted, the nesting is called Pearl Black Woven Body Tubing (again that's what the package says). Fly fisherman makes fly out of this stuff.

Pic #4 (right) The tube was spray painted with Krylon glossy white, this nesting has different colours.

cimg0995gimp.jpg

Pic #5 Shows the woven body tubings.

Attachments

• CIMG0987(gimp).jpg
    CIMG0987(gimp).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 108
  • CIMG0989(gimp).jpg
    CIMG0989(gimp).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 116
  • CIMG0991(gimp).jpg
    CIMG0991(gimp).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 105
  • CIMG0993(gimp).jpg
    CIMG0993(gimp).jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 125
  • CIMG0995(gimp).jpg
    CIMG0995(gimp).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 111
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Branden

I like the woven tubing. Can you tell me more about this stuff. Where can you get it and what size did you use??? Diameter wise??? What kit is this cast for??? Did you have to do anything to the material to keep its colors as vivd as they show??? Did you have to coat them with anything such as modgpodge??? Thanks for showing.

Penl8the

Hello John T.,

I like the woven tubing. Can you tell me more about this stuff. Where can you get it and what size did you use??? Diameter wise???
You can buy these woven tubings from any fishing/sporting goods store. Try places like Wholesale Sports or Bass Proshop. The size I used is "large" tubing. The medium size, I am guessing would fit a 7 mm tube. All the tubes are Sierra size.
Did you have to do anything to the material to keep its colors as vivd as they show???
Vivid colour - nothing was used. I guess fly fisherman use these brilliant colour tubing to make "the body of bugs" that they try to imitate. Hence the brilliant colours.

Also they come in various colours. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom