Prayers for Cody & Fundraiser opportunity

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have a thirteen year old youth in youth group that will be having surgery tomorrow morning. He has just finished about 12 weeks of chemo will have his shoulder removed tomorrow and replaced with a cadaver bone and then will go through another 12 weeks of chemo. The cancer is called OsteoSarcoma.

His name is Cody and I know that he and his family would greatly appreciate your prayers. His surgery is scheduled for 8:30 am and will take about 5 hours.

I'm praying about maybe making some pens and selling them as a fundraiser to help the family offset some of the costs. The father is a truck driver for US Foods and the mother cleans our small church and is a stay at home mom.

Your prayers for Cody are greatly appreciated,
Dan

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Dan,

If you decide to make some pens to sell to help the family, please let me know and I will provide all the Texas wood blanks you need and will also donate some "Original Cactus Blank"™ pen blanks and some "Texas Collection Worthless Wood"™ blanks.

RAdams

Banned
I will be praying for little Cody, and i will be Pm'ing you after I post this.

burr

Dan my prayers are being sent for Cody and his family as well as for you and your staff to provide the guidance that the family needs when trying to figure out the "why me" question. I did go thru something very simular when I was working with my youth group only this young lady went home to be with our Lord.

Super Dave

Dan, what a terrible thing for a child to go through. I'm sure your support is a big help. If you decide to do a fund raiser, let me know. I will donate a couple of pens.

Thanks, Dave

elody21

Our prayers are with this boy and his family. If you need any help turning pens to raise money let me know, I would be happy to help
Alice

It looks like we will be doing the fundraiser to help with the medical expenses. He made it through the surgery today. I just taught Cody how to make a pen a couple of weeks before he was diagnosed, he was so proud of his first pen.

The surgery was just over 5 hours today and it will be a long recovery. There will probably be a couple of weeks of numbness before they will know the extent of recovery vs permanent damage. It was his right arm and he is right hand dominant so there will definetly be some adjustments going on. They took the ball of the shoulder out that had the tumor and replaced it with a cadaver bone and then attached it with a rod before reattaching all the muscles and ligaments etc. He will also start another round of 12 weeks of chemo in addition to the rehab. Please continue to pray for Cody and his family.

I have had some on the forum want to send completed pens which is great and actually saves me some time, but if anyone wants to donate wood or pen kits that I will turn, that is welcome too. Any contribution is greatly appreciate and I know that the family will be extremely grateful.

You can send them to me at

Dan Eakins
428 Red Oak Court
Forney, TX 75126

Last edited:

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
prayer

It looks like we will be doing the fundraiser to help with the medical expenses. He made it through the surgery today. I just taught Cody how to make a pen a couple of weeks before he was diagnosed, he was so proud of his first pen.

The surgery was just over 5 hours today and it will be a long recovery. There will probably be a couple of weeks of numbness and recovery before they will know the extent of recovery vs permanent damage. It was his right arm and his right hand dominant so there will definetly be some adjustments going on. They took the ball of the shoulder out that had the tumor and replace it with a cadaver bone and then attached it with a rod before reattaching all the muscles and ligaments etc. He will also start another round of 12 weeks of chemo in addtion to the rehab. Please continue to pray for Cody and his family.

I have had some want to send completed pens which is great and actually saves me some time, but if anyone wants to donate wood or pen kits that I will turn that is welcome too. Any contribution is greatly appreciate and I know that the family will be extremely grateful.

You can send them to me at

Dan Eakins
428 Red Oak Court
Forney, TX 75126

God bless the little man and we will have him in our prayers.. when I am off work again I will make and send pens. When is the fund raiser?

Thank you for all your prayers!

I will be donating all the slimlines that I have made up at this point to sell immediately. In late August or the first of Sept I will either have a raffle/auction type fundraiser for any nicer pens that are made and donated or that I get made from donated material.

The outpouring of support for Cody has been awesome. You guys are great! I know that the family really appreciates all your thoughts and prayers.

I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks again,
Dan

Last edited:

Phunky_2003

Dan,

I will be donating some too. If needed I can help you turn other things that are donated and come help with a raffle and auction. If it wouldnt be stepping on toes, I can do some raffle and donations here too. Maybe we can also put a local meeting together and do something. Let me know what I can do to help.

They should be moving Cody from ICU to a regular room at Children's later on today. Just heard that the doctors are saying that he will have limited range of motion because of what they had to do with the muscles, He will not be able to raise his arm above shoulder heigth. We hope that the physcians are wrong on this one and that he will regain full range of motion. Either way at least he has his arm still. Thank the Lord for that.

Last edited:

corian king

Hello Dan! it is a blessing that GOD has led you to help this young man and his family in their time of need.We will be praying for you Cody,and the family.
If there is anything we can do to help please feel free to contact us anytime.Please let us know how things go tomorrow..God Bless!!!
JIM

jimm1

Father I am quoting back to you Exodus 15:26. Lord, you declared that "And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee."

Father, I am doing my best in obeying your commandment by grace, help me to trust you for healing. God remove this disease from Cody I pray in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.

Father, You say in Your Word that healing is the Children's bread. I desire this bread in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.

Let these healing Prayers not be in vain in Jesus Mighty Name,Amen.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
My thoughts and prayers are with Cody and family.

I have a friend who is going through the process of having her bones in rt arm/shoulder removed and replaced. It isn't an easy process. But everything is going very well! She's got another surgery but says the pain isn't bad at all - much better actually. I know the chemo will be difficult. I'll put him on my "list"

phillywood

Dan, I will pray for Cody and I hope God is hearing all of our prayers. I have had friends who lost children to Cancer and I lost my one of only boy cousin (three man from my father side to carry the last name,but down to two now including me) last year to Lymphoma and he fought the disease for 4 solid years and I know that having cancer puts lot of stress financially and economically in the families. however, it was god's way to help that family and have you ask for prayers and donations.
May God bless you and Cody's family and give them the strength to carry this through.
With all being said, I Like to send you few blanks that I have to help with the cause. I am sorry I can not turn them due to the surgery I recently had and maybe until after the end of Aug., but if you can or know someone who can turn them and finish them sooner then by all means send me a PM and I will send them to you. Thank you for being a help to the family. God bless you and those who help this cause.

Last edited:
Dan, what a terrible thing for a child to go through. I'm sure your support is a big help. If you decide to do a fund raiser, let me know. I will donate a couple of pens.

Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave... got your pens today. Some really nice pens. Tell your Father, thanks also. Your contributions will help make a huge difference for the benefit.

Thanks again,
Dan

keithlong

Hey Dan,
I will be praying for him also. I am waiting on an order of kits as we speak, when they get here I will make some pens and send them your way. Keep us posted.

Keith

Hey Dan,
I will be praying for him also. I am waiting on an order of kits as we speak, when they get here I will make some pens and send them your way. Keep us posted.

Keith

Thanks Keith...we have a little time. We are looking at having the benefit the third Sunday in Sept.

Thanks again,
Dan

AKPenTurner

Dan,
I'll be keeping the family in prayer.
I mights send a couple of Alaskan pens down your way. Good luck with the fundraiser.
-Silas

P.S.
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26
We had a really good friend die of cancer. This was always his favorite verse. I'll be remembering the family in prayer. God bless!

I don't think he has a favorite plating at this point. I had just taught him about turning a couple of weeks before he was diagnosed. I think his first pen was either gold or chrome. Not sure on the color. I will check and get back with you.

Thanks for the help!

Is there any plating that he likes the best? Do you happen to know his favorite Color?

Rchan63

I just order some blanks from Curtis this morning, and will be sending some pens for your fund rasier as well. Can you tell me when you'll need the pens by?

Richard

Top Bottom