Small pen stand for pictures

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
When taking pictures of pens I need to be able to hold the pen from rolling over. Since the weight of the clip tends to roll it over just as im taking the shot I decided to make a small stand to keep it in the position I wanted. I used a piece of 1/2 thick plexiglass 1in x 1in. square. I first drilled a 5/16 hole in the center of the 1 inch surface and then cut it in half. leaving me with 2 pieces 1/2 thick, 1/2 tall and 1inch long, with half of a hole in each piece. I used a sander to shape it roughly pyramid style and then sanded it down through the micromesh grits and hand polished it with a dremel/ foredom. This could easily be made with any 1/2 inch cut off of a 1inch sq blank. It is easily made and doesnt draw attention away from the pen.

Attachments

• penstand1.jpg
    penstand1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 334
  • penstand3.jpg
    penstand3.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC_0399.jpg
    DSC_0399.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 355
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Feel free to use it as you will. Thank you Jennifer and Paul.
Mike

Last edited:

bkersten

I've been trying to form what I want in my mind and am going to have one of the glass blowers at the next craft show do some stands of different shapes for photos.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I've been trying to form what I want in my mind and am going to have one of the glass blowers at the next craft show do some stands of different shapes for photos.

Sounds good post some pictures when you do. Anyone else got somethng they use and want to share?

fernhills

A little bit of tape folded over itself and then stuck to opposite side of pen stops it from rolling. If you want to take a pic, while pen is not elevated. Carl

Tanner

Awesome, I was looking for something like this. You by chance wouldn't want to sell the ohter half? Where does someone go about finding a 1" x 1" chunk of plexiglass?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I could mail you a piece of plexi. large enough to make several. maybe even chew the rest up and make a plexi finish solution. Pay for postage and its yours. Pm me

Last edited:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
It appears that I am in the minority here, not that there's anything wrong with your stand. It appears to be more of a pillow than a stand.

I prefer to display pics of my pens in a standing up (more or less) position rather than lying down.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 424 (Small).jpg
    424 (Small).jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 245

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmm the "PEN PILLOW" I like it, do you suppose theres an oppertunity here.
I've got first dibs on the name!:biggrin:I think there's a great opportunity here, by all the replies that like it.

Just further to fernhills post; there is a substance called FunTac that kids use to put pictures on their wall and not leave a hole. It's available at most stationery stores. It looks similar to a blue eraser. A little wee piece of that will hold your pen from rolling over, and it comes off with no residue left behind. I use that in displaying a 2 piece pen in the crossover position. Just be certain it's not showing in the pic.

Top Bottom