New band saw blades

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I gotta hand it to Neil (Wolftat) for coming up with a winner!

I participated in his group buy of the Laguna band saw blades and have been patiently awaiting their arrival. Well, today they arrived and I couldn't wait to mount one and give it a try.

To start, I took over my first 2 car garage 35 years ago and turned it into a woodworking shop. That same year, 1975, I bought my first Sears 12" bandsaw along with my first table saw, radial arm saw, jointer and other shop tools. With that said, I know a thing or two about band saw blades.... or at least I thought I did.... until today! :eek:

I have never experienced as smooth a cut as I did with this blade. It cut through the burl like it was balsa wood and the smoothness of the cut is unbelievable with hardly a saw mark to be seen or felt! Rather than pushing the block through, I simply held on for the ride as I effortlessly guided the block past the blade. Curious to see how it tracked, I sliced off .050" sliver which is smooth as silk. This is going to be great for thin veneer cutting!

Neil, Thanks for sharing your knowledge on these blades then doing the buy, as an after thought my only regret is not buying a few more blades at the price!

For those who missed the buy, all I can say is you missed out on some fantastic blades and to be ready if he does another one in the future.

Attachments

• new blade.jpg
    new blade.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 281
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Isn't that a nice cutting blade? I have mine on and have just sent my one of my old ones back to be sharpened. I am very interested in what they are like after the sharpening and will let you know.

Beautiful piece of wood by the way.

ROOKIETURNER

Sorry, I couldn't afford a $100+ blade. Can't justify it yet. I am saving up for a 3"-3 1/2" stroke drill press, my current one only has a 2 1/2" stroke.

Texatdurango

Isn't that a nice cutting blade? I have mine on and have just sent my one of my old ones back to be sharpened. I am very interested in what they are like after the sharpening and will let you know.

Beautiful piece of wood by the way.

Oh that ole hunk... just something I pulled out of the cut off heap to test the blade on! :)

I hadn't considered resharpening these, sounds like more life to one blade afterall!

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I missed the boat and am kicking myself, I will probably bite the bullet and order one anyway, my current blade is shot.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
If you act quick, you may be able to gaet in on the Lennox buy and get 25% off a carbide Lennox blade.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59444
My saw just took a crap on me so I Might have to get a blade for my back up saw until I figure out what is wrong. I hate to toss an expensive blade of my other saw but I may have to to get by. I will check out the Lennox blades, The back up saw only will take up to a 1/2" I believe. Thanks Monty.

jttheclockman

Thanks George. I had assumed posting links to other forums was taboo. It is not allowed on sawmillcreek.

-Tony

Yes and that is one idiotic rule that I hate over there. I have mentioned the IAP site many times there for people who are showing pens and asking questions but it would be so much easier to put a link in. Doesn't make sense. All we are doing is sharing info.

Those blades that are mentioned over there are just about out from what the salesman from Laguna has mentioned so if you do want to take advantage then you need to hurry.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
If you are ordering from there, check to see which blades they are. They are moving out their old stock of carbide tipped blades, that is not what the group buy was, these were all new stock blades.
As far as I can remember, these blades can be resharpened 3-4 times depending on how far you let them go. Also, if you happen to break a tip off(I tried and couldn't yet), they can be repaired.

Last edited:
Top Bottom