Pen Stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimMc7

JimMc7

My other power tools have become shelves for pen stuff since I started turning pens a few months back. I thought I'd get at least some use out of them this weekend and made some....pen stands, of course :). Walnut & maple in a simple design:

Attachments

• IMG_7235.jpg
    IMG_7235.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,029
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgibb42

Sliding dovetails...very nice. I might have to borrow (steal) that idea for a couple of pens I'd like to display. Looks great!

Very good idea Jim. I don't usually borrow ideas, might make an exception on this one. Looks kind of like Japanese sword display stands.

THarvey

Nice looking stand. I have been thinking of something similar. I have the same problem you do, my other tools have become shelves. :eek:

What did you use for a finish on the stand? It has a nice shine that compliments the pen, without distracting from it.

JimMc7

<snip>What did you use for a finish on the stand? <snip>

Thanks, all, for the comments.

Tim, I used gloss water-based lacquer (Target EM6000) for the finish. Actually a bit glossier than the photo indicates but a nice feature of this finish is I can buff it out in 10 days or so to a softer sheen.

bitshird

Nice pen stand I also think it would be good for photography and top dollar pens at shows, the nice simple design while being very pretty it's self, doesn't distract from the pen.

Top Bottom