Where can I find one of these.........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

..............flashlight kits?
attachment.jpg

I can make out the word "MAG" on the one on the right so maybe these aren't kits at all. Maybe they're MAGLITES that this guy took apart and replaced the aluminum with wood. Any ideas???:confused:

Attachments

• flashlights2.jpg
    flashlights2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 737
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rmartin

Without a clear frame of reference, I think these are mini flashlights. Maybe 3 or 4 inches, sometimes they come with a key ring. My guess they have been taken apart and remade with the wood sleeves.

jttheclockman

I just saw an ad for those and now I can not remember where. I will have to check woodcraft because I just placed an order with them.

Texatdurango

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
So you think they are turned wood, or are they covered in veneer?

They look awesome either way....something Bond would pull out and zap somebody with....LOL.....

KenV

I am thinking those are "faux finishes" more like you get on some laminate flooring. Some people are very very good at painting wood grain on metal.

jthompson1995

If you read the link to the forum, you can see that someone retrofitted the flashlights to have a wood barrel, probably milled on a lathe. On page 2 you can see one made with leopardwood that show the rays on one side so I don't think it is painted on.

rherrell

THANKS everyone.:biggrin: From reading the flashlight forum I realize these aren't kits so I guess that only means one thing.......a trip to Lowes to buy one and see what I can do with it. If it turns out OK I'll post some pics. (don't hold your breath):wink:

cnirenberg

I agree with George, I have seen everything now. What a great idea, they really show off the beauty of the wood. Listen Rick if you wait long enough PSI will have some kits whipped up in no time, but I like the Lowe's trip better. At least you know what you are buying.

Top Bottom