trouble staying logged it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Has anyone else been having trouble with the site keeping your password?
I have been on this site for several years with the same password and only in the past few months have been having trouble.
In the past few months the site has instructed me that my password is invalid and I need to ask for a new one. This has happened at least 6 to 8 time in a short while.
Before the site locks me out again can some one fill me in if you are having problems also or how to keep this from happening almost every time
I don't log in as much as I used to and lately it has been happening every time. Three times in the last 7 days. this also seems odd because the site fills in my password for me. Then I try the new one it has sent me 4 more times and it will not let me in. Sometimes I can get in at first but if a few days later sometimes the next day once again I can't get in.
I have to go out of town today and fear I will not be able to get in this evening.
If someone knows what to do please contact me at my e-mail at alicecall@comcast.net because if the response is on the site I might not be able to respond for fear I get locked out again.
Thanks Alice Call

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I think something has changed on the forum, in the software or somewhere.... if I let my screen sit idle for 5 - 10 minutes, it drops my login.... sometimes when I'm responding on a post, if it takes me 5 or more minutes to type the post, it will drop my login.. then I often lose the post as well... I spoke with Jeff and he suggested I log out and back in.. didn't help.. I think he's looking into it further. or at least hope he is.

A number of people have posted that they are having trouble, so it's not just you and me.

Russianwolf

what browser are you using?

I'm on Chrome and it took me till today to figure out how to clear the cache/cookies.

I'll let you know if my log-in problem is gone shortly.

Russianwolf

mine seems to be stable again.

in Chrome you have to go to Clear browsing data, and clear the cookies and cache AND be sure to select EVERYTHING on the Clear for this period box.

Lenny

I had been having the same problem. I use IE and AVG free antivirus.
Search this post
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=953995#post953995
for the solution Fred (PTownSubbie) suggested that worked for me.
In another post I suggested Firefox users try this...
(While I don't use Firefox),..
Try clicking on Tools>Clear Private Data
Then try going to Tools>Options and click on the Security tab. Uncheck - Remember passwords for sites - click Ok
Close it and possibly even reboot your system
Now go to IAP and login

Return to the Security tab and recheck the "Remember passwords for sites" option
let me know if this works for you.

Top Bottom