Mini Cut-Off Saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
It appears to be the same model that HF carries, too.
I went and looked at it, then quickly moved on.

Even at HF's lower price, I don't feel it is worth the money.

maxman400

I have the one from HF And I used it to cut the corian For the segmenting of the neck for my Guitar Pen. You can build your own Jigs, And I have cut a few tubes and as long as you make sure you are square to start with it works OK.

Druid

I've got one also, I think your best bet is to buy from HF when you get a coupon or sale. If you cut a lot of tube (which I do), then it will save you some time, especially if your casting.

Texatdurango

I guess it depends on what you plan on doing with the little saw. I have the Harbor Freight model and love it and it is PERFECT for what I use it for. I wouldn't sell mine for twice the price I paid!

snyiper

I had the HF one and it would hardly cut your finger I was very dissapointed.. Not enough power to cut with out straining. I did however find a jig that turns your angle gringer into a chop saw now that would be sweet, Ill let you know if that works out!!

Verne

I've got one that SHMBO bought at a stained glass class. She got it for cutting lead. I use it for cutting tubes. The only problem is that it's importance does not rank high enuf for a permanant spot in the work area. So, it is stowed underneath the work bench and at my house that means underneath everything else too!
I other words, IMHO, it isn't worth the money!

Vern

palmermethod

I've got one also, I think your best bet is to buy from HF when you get a coupon or sale. If you cut a lot of tube (which I do), then it will save you some time, especially if your casting.

I modified mine to slice thin sections of ebony. Plus other small or fragile materials. If you have a particular project in mind, then it's worth it. Especially if the option is losing a fingertip on a larger saw.

I don't use it often but it is cheap enough that I don't feel guilty not using it.

Texatdurango

I've got one that SHMBO bought at a stained glass class. She got it for cutting lead. I use it for cutting tubes. The only problem is that it's importance does not rank high enuf for a permanant spot in the work area. So, it is stowed underneath the work bench and at my house that means underneath everything else too!
I other words, IMHO, it isn't worth the money!

Vern
So, let me get this straight.... it works for what you bought it for but since you don't use it every day it isn't worth the money and you wouldn't recommend it to someone wanting to do the same thing you do?

I'm scratching my head on that one! :)

WoodWrite

I purchased a 7 1/4" miter saw from Sears that was on sale last year. I believe it was @ $50.00. I have found that it works very well and the blades will fit my circular saw.

Dan_F

I bought the HF model for cutting silver tubing, but it won't cut straight vertically, pulls to the left. I don't see any way of adjusting that. Can't find the receipt either, though I know I saved it...somewhere.

Dan

palmermethod

I purchased a 7 1/4" miter saw from Sears that was on sale last year. I believe it was @ $50.00. I have found that it works very well and the blades will fit my circular saw.

The miter saws are great and I use mine daily. But, I had a non-pen project that needed 3/8" square ebony hole plugs about 1/16" thick.

Yes the miter saw worked but it was probably the most dangerous job I ever tried on it. Way scary!

I bought the little saw and added an adjustable stop so I can cut up a bunch of the ebony thingys at a time. Precise, safer and really has a smooth finish.

And tubing cuts are easy too.

Top Bottom