Central Texas GTG 2009

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ElMostro

Here are some pictures from last week's GTG at Curtis'. We all had a great time and enjoyed meeting new folks and putting faces to names.

Pen display area where folks showed off their stuff.
PenDisplay.jpg

PenDisplay2.jpg

Blank display area with all sorts of blanks to buy and trade.
BlankDisplay.jpg

And here are the DEMOS!
Monty's Texas Flag blank Demo.
MontyDemo1.jpg

MontyDemo2.jpg

MontyDemo3.jpg

Lunch, we filled up the place. Notice the 2 big screen tv in the background. Since we are in Texas all the had going were movies about trucks.
Lunch.jpg

Afternoon Demos:

Curtis' CA Demo was "Da Bomb!
If nothing else we learned that the paper towel you use will make or break your CA finish (you had to be there :) )
CurtisCADemo.jpg

CurtisCADemo2.jpg

Casting "Worthless wood" DEMO:
CurtisCastingDemo.jpg

CurtisCastingDemo2.jpg

And finally...this went on all day...Monty kept begging people to buy his stuff...
MontysFleeMarket.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

Thanks for posting these, Eugene....but why no photos of your massive pen blank display?

Tom

Verne

Not big screen TV's, that's the parking lot! Eugene had some beautiful "stuff" and was very busy selling it! What you see of the shop is only about 1/3. It is definetly a wood workers dream. If you get a chance you gotta attend a Central Texas GTG....and the BBQ is good too!
Vern

dow

Thanks for posting these, Eugene! Great shots.

Curtis, I had a great time and learned a gob of stuff. Thanks for hosting this.

alamocdc

Thanks, Eugene! Some good pics in there. And a good reminder of why meetings like this are important. Good exchange of info, etc.

So what did I get out of the meeting? 1) Got to make new friends. 2) Learnd some things and 3) I didn't think it possible, but I think Curtis actually convinced me to switch to Alumilite.:eek:

Top Bottom