My version of Hans' Lego Pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

I saw the Lego pen that Hans made, and I liked it alot, so I went on ebay and bought some. Since Im not that advanced, I made a twist pen rather than capped.

As always, comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Legos 001.jpg
    Legos 001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 319
  • Legos 002.jpg
    Legos 002.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 262
  • Legos 003.jpg
    Legos 003.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Legos 004.jpg
    Legos 004.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Legos 007.jpg
    Legos 007.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 314
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Good work! How did you drill it? I found the lathe and collet chuck to give me some really close to center work.

USAFVET98

Hans,
I set the drill press to about a 1/2" from the bottom of each piece. I centered it the best I could by eye and just plunged the press down and out quickly so I didnt melt the plastic. I used dental picks to pull out the drilled material left inside. I used 7mm drill bit. I am going to try sierra size next.

I had a real hard time with the finish. Tough stuff to work with.

Good work! How did you drill it? I found the lathe and collet chuck to give me some really close to center work.

hewunch

Yep melts easy. I found it best to glue most of the pieces together first, then drill. YMMV

Skye

I don't know if I've ever hated and liked a pen, at the same time, this much. I mean the whole idea of it is preposterous... but for some reason I cant dislike it. I guess because while the outside seems so goofy and simple, it's really not when constructing a functional pen. I honestly have no clue if I like it or not, lol!

Snorton20

OK, now I never saw the first pen made of legos but this is a cool idea and that pen looks really neat but I do have to say now I have seen just about everything turned into a pen except a turd. I know my immaturity is coming out but who here will be the first to try that out? I just ask because I saw an episode on Mythbusters one time where they shined a turd. Just a thought and I know its gross but what can I say it's just a thought.

arioux

OK, now I never saw the first pen made of legos but this is a cool idea and that pen looks really neat but I do have to say now I have seen just about everything turned into a pen except a turd. I know my immaturity is coming out but who here will be the first to try that out? I just ask because I saw an episode on Mythbusters one time where they shined a turd. Just a thought and I know its gross but what can I say it's just a thought.

Well it has been cast ! I think it was mesquitman. But i don't think he turned it :)

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
PERFECT!!!

I've been contemplating a shop pencil, with multi-colored leads, for the neighbors' 3-year old and this is EXACTLY what he needs! Thanks! :biggrin:

workinforwood

PERFECT!!!

I've been contemplating a shop pencil, with multi-colored leads, for the neighbors' 3-year old and this is EXACTLY what he needs! Thanks! :biggrin:

Uh....in my opinion a 3 yr old is at least 2 yrs too young for a shop pencil. The kid could kill itself with one of those. Great thoughtfulness in the giving aspect, but I wouldn't have let my kid near it.

Top Bottom