Delta VS 12 1/2" Midi Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

Has anyone seen one of these Delta lathes.

If anyone is in the DC area I will be demoing one of these at the WC in Springfield, VA Saturday at noon.

From what I have played around with, so far this lathe is a dream to use. Belt speed changing is a snap. Loads easier than the Jet VS.

• 24 pin index
  • 1HP (8 amp) motor
  • Forward/Reverse switch
Looks like a fun lathe to work with.

I will try to do up a proper tool review for it over the weekend.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mickr

Looks like a dandy..if I were in the market I'd probably look into it..tho mini-lathes are sure growing into reg. size..no mimi about it anymore..

Randy_

http://www.deltaportercable.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19220

This is the link if you want to see some pictures of the new lathe.

I have always admired the design of the little Delta. (If I had been aware of its existance, I would have purchased it instead of the JET 1014 that I currently have.) Apparently the engineers who built the thing were actually woodturners and not just paper pushers. The JET engineers and all of those who built clones that require having to lean over the HS to change the belt position from the rear must have had their head there too!! :mad:

Sadly, the Delta folks have regressed a little and put the speed control for the VS on the back side of the Delta HS. From the picture it does not look that tough to reach; but one wonders why they didn't put it on the front of the lathe where it belongs??:confused:

Top Bottom