Troop Pen Drawing Winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
The winners are the lucky folks that will be receiving the pens that were so generously made and donated by all of you. And everyone one of you is a winner for getting involved and supporting those that are out there just doing their jobs in a rough place to be working.

Through collecting pens from Members of IAP I have been able to send almost 600 pens to the troops. I wish there were enough prizes to give one to everybody, you all deserve one but that's not how it works. So to stop wasting time and get on with it, here we go.

The prizes are:
1) An Aussie burl cap
2) A package of blanks from Charlie (NewLondon88)
3) A Sierra sized Herringbone 360 blank
4) Three once fired 308 casings tubed and ready for adding a nib/tranny and One once fired 50 Caliber casing From Jason (MyWoodshopca)
5) A Majestic Squire pen kit from Charlie (NewLondon88)
6) A Hummingbird from Artistwood (very cool looking, see photo below)
7) 5 fiddleback curly maple blanks from Don (Durocshark)(see photo below)
8) 1 Jr. Gent rollerball postable kit with a Philipine Persimmon blank and another misc. blank from Chuck (Dalecamino)
9) 1 Jr. Gent rollerball postable kit with a Philipine Persimmon blank and another misc. blank from Chuck (Dalecamino)
10) $25 gift certificate to TurnTex Woodworks from Curtis (Mesquiteman)
11) $25 gift certificate to TurnTex Woodworks from Curtis (Mesquiteman)
12) A quart of Ultraseal from Bob (RBouton)
13) Box of wood blanks from Bob (Purplehaze)
14) Another box of wood blanks from Mike (Woodlvr)
15) A package of antler from Cris (cnirenberg)

The winners are :
1---- Jerry Sambrook
2---- jkeithrussell
3---- CSue
4---- C&C creations
5---- KennyM
6---- Nava1uni
7---- Titan2
8---- MyKidsDad
9---- cnirenberg
10--- Tim Self
11--- Skookum Pens
12--- Gentleman Jack
13--- Sam
14---HSTurnings
15--- Ngeb528

All winners will please contact the donor for your prizes except for the following: These folks will please contact me for information on your prize.

Jerry Sambrook Contacted
Jkeithrusell Contacted
CSue Contacted
KennyM Contacted
Sam Contacted
HSTurnings Contacted

If there are any questions or anyone has a problem, please contact me. Thank you all.

Last edited:

ngeb528

Neil,

Thank you very much for putting this drawing together. I'm amazed, but at the same time not surprised, that you have almost 600 pens to send to the troops.

You are a very good guy.

USAFVET98

Congrats to all of the drawing winners, and a special thank you to Neil for putting this together. And an extra special thank you to the Troops for doing what they do to keep us Free!

Neil, I will be sending more out to you soon.

Rollerbob

Congrats to all you winners! Neil, hats off to you buddy for all the hard work!! I am proud to call you my friend!!! I am sure there were others that helped you and I want to say thanks to you also!!

I gotta be the most unlucky guy on the planet, just knew I was in the hunt!! Reminds me of the time I bought a suit with two pair of paints......burn a hole in the coat!!

MyKidsDad

Neil,

Thanks for putting this drawing together and for handling the logistics of sending almost 600 pens to the troops! Let's not forget to thank Bob (Purplehaze) too for his pen blank offer that got the ball rolling on this. I told him I was sending one pen and at the last minute decided to send him two, never expecting for a minute that he'd send me two sets of blanks. They were some really nice blanks too!

I figured I didn't have a shot at winning one of these great prizes that have been donated because of the large numbers of pens that were sent. I've been out of work for nearly 5 months now and seeing this tonight sure brightened up my day a bit!

Thanks again!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Congratulations , to all the winners and pen donors . Thanks for getting involved . Big thanks to Neil and Bob , and to Neils son and nephew who will distribute the pens over in the sand box .

Great job everybody !

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Including the 2 pens that made it in today and the batch that I got handed at the New England Chapter meeting, we collected 168 pens in this round. That does not include the pens that I made and have included in the shipments.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Including the 2 pens that made it in today and the batch that I got handed at the New England Chapter meeting, we collected 168 pens in this round. That does not include the pens that I made and have included in the shipments.

Add 9 more that are being sent to you in about 15 minutes ! :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OOHHH !! I DO , I've got a package for Neil , a package for Eric , and a package for Cris ! And on my way to the P O right now . This trip is gonna be a pleasure trip ! :biggrin:

HSTurning

OMG
I really won something? Nice. Must have used all my luck on this. Must be why I didnt win on the scratch tickets last night...lol

Again thanks for running this Neil and all the donors.
Most of all thanks to the troops for with out them we may not/wouldnt be able to live the way we do.

MyKidsDad

In keeping with the theme of this thread, there is a posting over on the WoodNet forums that I thought you might be interested in. I asked the guy who started the thread over there if he was okay with me posting it here. He never replied so I'm just going to post a link to the thread on WoodNet instead of copying the information here.

In summary, the guy's coworker's friend's daughter is stationed in Iraq. Says she doesn't get much mail. Her birthday is coming up in July and a request was made to send her a bunch of mail for her birthday. Mail and email contact information is included in this thread at WoodNet.

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...lapsed&sb=5&o=

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
In keeping with the theme of this thread, there is a posting over on the WoodNet forums that I thought you might be interested in. I asked the guy who started the thread over there if he was okay with me posting it here. He never replied so I'm just going to post a link to the thread on WoodNet instead of copying the information here.

In summary, the guy's coworker's friend's daughter is stationed in Iraq. Says she doesn't get much mail. Her birthday is coming up in July and a request was made to send her a bunch of mail for her birthday. Mail and email contact information is included in this thread at WoodNet.

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...lapsed&sb=5&o=
The link goes to a page that says, access denied. I had to join in order to see the page. Now I am waiting to be approved.

Last edited:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Neil, Thanks so much for all you did here to remind us who we really need to thank - for the freedoms so many take for granted! You're a great one (Mr. Brown) and a wonderful source of encouragement.

Thanks to all those who participated in any way. And congrats to all the winners.

Rick_G

Congrats to the winners of the drawings. The real winners are the troops who receive the pens.

I didn't get in on this one but I did send 20 pens to our Canadian troops a couple weeks ago with a letter of support wrapped around each one.

Keep up the good work and support for the troops.

tim self

I honestly didn't expect to win just know how much those young ones will enjoy them. Thanks for doing this and will send some more when I get to turning again.

MyKidsDad

The link goes to a page that says, access denied. I had to join in order to see the page. Now I am waiting to be approved.

Sorry guys. The thread was posted in the off topic forum and I forgot they changed the rules a while back that you have to be a registered member and logged in to see the off topic forum.

Here is the post (Please note that I'm not the original poster at WoodNet so I don't know the person in question or anything about her. I just thought it was a good tie in with the troop pen effort going on here.)

I don't usually post much but I've been sneaking around here for many years. To make a long story short a co-workers, husbands, friend has a daughter stationed in Iraq. She says she doesn't get much mail. Her birthday is July 7th and her father is asking everyone he knows to send her a card by mail or a greeting by email. I thought I'd turn it up a notch by asking if you guy's would like to help cheer her up for her birhtday.

CPT Krista Schuster
HHC 132 BSB
Camp Bucca
APO AE 09375

or email
krista_schuster@(remove this)hotmail.com

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Neil,
Thanks for starting this pen drive for the troops. Is it okay if we continue to send you pens as we go along?
It is fun to win something.
I would be happy to keep collecting and sending the pens out. I usually send out a package every 6-8 weeks, but with summer being here and the school not in session, I am going to be short on pens.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I didn't mean that last statement as a request for more pens, just that the kids are a big source of the pens that I send out, it keeps them busy and serves a good purpose. Besides, 2 that are graduating this year are heading down to the magic island.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry ! I didn't mean to mislead anyone . I knew what yu meant . Where IS the magic island ? I'm not too keen on corp lingo ! :biggrin:

USAFVET98

Paris Island, South Carolina.. Wow Neil, Your kids? You are truely a family of great Americans, and I Salute you sir for bringing up some brave kids.

Sorry ! I didn't mean to mislead anyone . I knew what yu meant . Where IS the magic island ? I'm not too keen on corp lingo ! :biggrin:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Paris Island, South Carolina.. Wow Neil, Your kids? You are truely a family of great Americans, and I Salute you sir for bringing up some brave kids.
My kids that I am referring to are 2 boys from the woodshop class that I volunteer at. My son has been in the Corps going on 9 years in Sept.

ngeb528

As many may remember, Rollerbob was a 'little' antsy about delaying the deadline for the drawing. I promised him a lollipop, if he was a good boy.

Well, he was and this is what he got for being patient (and some other goodies).

Attachments

• Pen & Sucker.jpg
    Pen & Sucker.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 105

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Lucky Bob ! Yep , he's gonna like that sucker . Does he get the pen too ?

Nice work Nancy ! uhh .... have you been reading Bobs posts ??? :biggrin::biggrin:

Rollerbob

Lucky Bob ! Yep , he's gonna like that sucker . Does he get the pen too ?

Nice work Nancy ! uhh .... have you been reading Bobs posts ??? :biggrin::biggrin:
Well, he was and this is what he got for being patient (and some other goodies).

Well, Ms Nancy beat me to the posting of the grand prize:present: for being a good boy(if you only knew)!?!:eek: Anyway, yes I got the pen too. As I told Nancy, I was a bit peeved at the type of suckers she sent, DUM DUMS! Go figure.:mad: The suckers are good, but the pen is outstanding. This should encourage others to be good boys too!!!:rolleyes::tongue: Thanks again, Nancy!!:cool:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I am interested to know if everyone got the prize that they won. If you did not receive your prize and you have contacted the donor, please let me know.
Thank you, Neil

Top Bottom